Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Airflo Tactical Quick Spey 10/11 wt Multi tip Swap for same in 9/10wt.

After trying a few lines I have worked out this one is too heavy for my rod. Id like to swap it for the same line in 9/10 wt

Its got a 50ft head and weighs approx 720 grains.

It has been test cast only at a local still water. Only the floating tip has been used the others are all new.
    Photo below.

Last edited by DRN; 09-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.

is this the airflo tactical spey looks very much the same as the one I have which is the 9/10 tactical spey.Same as you I have only test cast the floating line tip the rest are unused.mine has a floating section connected to the running line where there is a black marker which is held in the hand when casting ,all the tips connect to this section.
    here is alink to my line
    Angus Angling (Wellbank Lochans Ltd) AIRFLO TACTICAL QUICK SPEY MULTI TIP - POWER CORE WITH RIDGE RUNNING LINE (2013) | Fly Fishing Fly Tying Supplies UK
    Last edited by smokie999; 08-03-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

Different lines Bob,yours is the Quick Spey with a max head length of 50ft for the 10/11,whereas the Delta has a max head length of 56ft for the same 10/11.I am none too sure but there is a difference in taper as well.Maybe not a huge difference between them,but there all the same.Having said that the pic. of DRN's line seems to be that of a Quick Spey too as the Delta should be a greenish mintish colour,the Quick Spey being white belly and orange running line with an integral black marker,the Delta having a black shrink tube marker that you slide on yourself-mine did!-.The Quick Spey being a newer generation line.Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Different lines Bob,yours is the Quick Spey with a max head length of 50ft for the 10/11,whereas the Delta has a max head length of 56ft for the same 10/11.I am none too sure but there is a difference in taper as well.Maybe not a huge difference between them,but there all the same.Having said that the pic. of DRN's line seems to be that of a Quick Spey too as the Delta should be a greenish mintish colour,the Quick Spey being white belly and orange running line with an integral black marker,the Delta having a black shrink tube marker that you slide on yourself-mine did!-.The Quick Spey being a newer generation line.Pedro.
    cheers pete correct as usual have to see what op says but it does look like my 9/10 multi tip
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

Default Airflo Tactical Quick Spey

My apologies gents. You are indeed correct it is the tactical Quick Spey with a head length of 50 ft. Not the delta spey. I will try and edit this.

Quote Originally Posted by DRN View Post
    My apologies gents. You are indeed correct it is the tactical Quick Spey with a head length of 50 ft. Not the delta spey. I will try and edit this.
    pm sent