Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Banana TTT sbs

Default Banana TTT sbs

Pic1.Materials used TTT. Medium eumer xs, SSS nasty rusty dubbing, UV gold polar chenille, nasty rusty sss sss hd, nasty rusty angel hair, banana TD, banana soft hackle, junglecock tungsten turbo disc.

Pic 2.Line the TTT with eumer xs, join them together with strong thread wraps not glue, dub a heavy ball of nasty rusty sss on the TTT, wind 2 turns or UV polar chenille gold 1 on the metal tube one onto the plastic. Brush the chenille and dubbing together.

Pic 3.Tie sss nasty rusty HD over the body double and tie back.

Pic 4.The body is finished it should look heavy and over dressed, it will help lift the wing nice and high.

Pic 5.Add a well tapered banana wing, spread it wide around the plastic tube add a few strands of nasty rusty sss over.

Pic 6.Add another wing section remembering to make it well tapered and wider then the first wing.

Pic.7Add a few more stands of angel hair or in bigger flies peacock herl over the wing.

Pic.8 Add sides of jungle cock fold back the stems for durability

Pic 9.Tie in a wind a banana soft hackle over super glue for durabiltiy.

Pic 10.Add an xs tungsten turbo cone and the fly is finished

Fish the fly with a free swinging hook

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rotenone; 12-03-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Cracking fly also.

Nice fly & SBS
    Thanks for sharing

Thank you!

I'll be turning one out in a bit, thinking I have some root beer flash that can be transformed into the dubbing. All the rest I believe are here, humm, yellow hair, better go check that. Plenty of deer tail yellow but I like softer stuff than deer.

Fantastic as always rotenone thank's for posting

I consider myself an ok fly tyer but your tying with tubes like this is way beyond me. I am going to keep trying and thanks for this thread as itís very helpful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    I consider myself an ok fly tyer but your tying with tubes like this is way beyond me. I am going to keep trying and thanks for this thread as itís very helpful!!
    I have been making them easier and quicker , theres nothing to my flies at all, for example the Sierra gorva tubes below, the top classic style templedog took me about 25 mins, the 2 front hackle version only took me the same time for both, they are tied similar to the sbs of the front hackle banana, the frodin stye are not really pretty flies, but they look good in the water with soft front hackles and all the wing behind , the only issue is you really need an ugly turbo cone in the front with such soft hackles

Frodin style on the left, classic style right

I think you would say that I knocked up a couple but had to use substitutes for some things. I'll do a third in the morning and stick up a picture of them here.