Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    I'm one for a wee spot of superglue too. A couple of wraps of thread just to hold everything in place then a dot of superglue than a few more warps and the job is done.

I wouldn't worry to much about things breaking down and your coats of varnish will protect everything.

Many thanks for taking the time to do your step by step...it's much appreciated.
    Thanks for the insight. I will try it.

Cheers!

Marc

I think Marc there's a fair variation in glues, worth the effort I think to make sure you're using a waterproof one. Seems to work better with synthetic materials but excellent for securing hairs that don't compress too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc LeBlanc View Post
    Hi Gary,

Great question! I don’t like GSP thread for the reason you mention (too slippery).

I am “old school” in that I prefer Danville Flymaster 6/0. Many tiers like Uni 8/0. It is a bonded thread and cannot be flattened. Since I like flattening my thread at times and Danville flymaster is not bonded, it is my preferred thread and has been for decades. I have tried many, many brands of thread but I go back to the one I know best.

Cheers!

Marc
    thanks for reply Marc, will try the thread you’ve suggested and see how it compares to the utc #70 I currently use👍
    “Oh! You are the people ruining the rivers and environment.”
    Prince Philip, to Scottish fish farm employees at Holyrood, 1999

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12