Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  2

Default Spinning rod advice.

Was thinking about getting a Grays Gr70 15/50 spinning rod,anyone fishing this model.I had a greys travel rod 15/45 and found it a bit soft when playing bigger fish.Any help would be appreciated.Cheers John.

guideline spinning rods are superb,also abu garcia salmon catcher,both top rods

Be hard pressed to get a Guideline Spinning rod now. Only sold them in 2015 I think and after that anyone I seen come up for sale carried an awful price tag.

Yea the guidelines arent available anymore and the ones about are either closely gaurded or silly money (think 4pce daiwa whisker spin). I use one and its a peach.
    My mate has the wychwood truespin and i rekon that punches well above its weight for the money (im not sure if its the current version though)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have the GR70 in both 15-50 and 15-35, both have been great, lots of backbone on the 15-50.
    The small one got into a bad car accident (for the rod at least), but managed to get a new tip for about £25.
    Using them both in Denmark for fishing Flying Cs up to around 25grams, fish to around 15 lbs.

Have the 15-35g gr70 and would happily play a big fish on it... I did vow to never buy another spinning rod after breaking my Abu salmo seeker which was a lot stiffer but had a go on the gr70 and what rod , don’t think you will go wrong with the heavyweight but I think the 15-35 is better for fishing rapalas.

Yeah I got the 15-35 first and worked great during the summer
    The reason for getting the heavier one, was to replace a VERY stiff Hardy Demon Spin 15-60G or so, which is pretty much like a surfcasting rod compared to the Greys.
    But if you feel the travel rod 15-45 is on the soft side, I'd absolutely go for the 15-50, can't go wrong with that one.

You would be supprised how the lighter rods will handle a big fish too, my lpxe spin is a 9ft 5g to 20g and has no problem with decent sized fish. Its quite fast actioned and has alot of power in the butt section. I went light in casting weight as i usualy use mepps down to a size 1 or small rapalas so its less effort needed to load the rod and get them out there which helps my back. You can easily launch a size 3 mepp clean across the main tyne with 20lb braid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input lads,just what i wanted to hear.I do a little bit of spinning each year whilst on holiday ,and really struggled with the old greys travel spin.So i got myself a hardy demon 15-60,the exact opposite,you’re right with me on this one SGELLERT.I had a feeling this would be the rod i was looking for ,so thanks again to the Forum,should have done this before i bought the hardy,never mind it will do somebody for Tarpin.”Anyone “Cheers John.

Haha yeah I'm planning to use the Hardy for fishing for flounder or cod from a pier , about what its best for... Tried selling it, no luck