Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: rapala trebles

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Agreed, when using them with tube flies they seem to be constantly stuck in fingers or clothing, only ones ive found sharper are the silver ones you get on yozuri lures.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Someone gave me half a dozen size 8s, so in a moment of madness, I decided to tie up some Waddingtons - an hour later, my man cave looked like a transfusion unit.
    Elibank

  2. #12

    Default

    just had a look in my local tackle shop at cd 7 s some have what look like size 6 treble s and some 8 or smaller how is that ?

  3. #13

    Default

    I think the xrap ones have different sized hooks

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elibank View Post
    Someone gave me half a dozen size 8s, so in a moment of madness, I decided to tie up some Waddingtons - an hour later, my man cave looked like a transfusion unit.
    They go through wading jacket sleeves like a hot knife through butter aswel

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    I think the xrap ones have different sized hooks

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    that your favourite rapala ? do you think they are better than countdown ?

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    that your favourite rapala ? do you think they are better than countdown ?
    Its horses for courses i rekon. Most of the pools that i fish favour a floating rapala that dives to about 4 foot. My favourate would be the pink tiger husky jerk as im confident it works. Also i like the rapala team esko lures as they have a nice action and do catch fish.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrrr; 02-11-2019 at 03:23 PM.

  7. #17

    Default

    Also thought it worth a mention as i was shown it years ago and find it really helps the lures action. I always take the split ring off the front of the lure and tie it on using a rapala knot as it seems to wobble better and end up on its side less.
    Im not sure if most use this method allready but worth a mention incase.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Also thought it worth a mention as i was shown it years ago and find it really helps the lures action. I always take the split ring off the front of the lure and tie it on using a rapala knot as it seems to wobble better and end up on its side less.
    Im not sure if most use this method allready but worth a mention incase.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    cheers for the Advice appreciated , I bought 2 team eskos to try this year but never got the chance as our we river was in spate for most of the season used flying c s 22g and tried 9 cm countdowns but not sure if they were fishing deep enough , water was either pea soup or dirty colour

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Its horses for courses i rekon. Most of the pools that i fish favour a floating rapala that dives to about 4 foot. My favourate would be the pink tiger husky jerk as im confident it works. Also i like the rapala team esko lures as they have a nice action and do catch fish.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    just got one of the pink fluro ones but its a9 cm countdown found it in my local tackle shop , whats the biggest size you use for salmon and sea trout in high water 9 cm ?

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    just got one of the pink fluro ones but its a9 cm countdown found it in my local tackle shop , whats the biggest size you use for salmon and sea trout in high water 9 cm ?
    I will go up to an 11cm in early or late season. You would be supprised what they will go for. Ive had small brownies smash an 11cm yozuri lure that almost as long as itself.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •