Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default LTS Explosive Light 12'6" - Line recommendation

Hi Guys

Have this rod and love it. Using a 30foot 420 grain skandi head on it. I am told its totally fine to up to 30Gramme.
    Wondered if you could recomend a more traditional line for it. Fairly good caster with shooting heads but want to mode to longer belly line. It is fairly fast action but I am thinking if the line is heavier would soften it somewhat...

I have the same rod and find that the Barrio switch line and the ISS ...Integrated Scandi Spey lines are a superb match.

Have this rod myself and the 30gram Gaelforce ESSS flies out on the rod 👌🎣
    It was at a place they called The Somme on the first day of July. When twenty thousand Ulster men they prepared to fight and die. Well they bravely charged through no-mans land with the red hand flying high. And their cry was, 'No surrender boys,' old Ulsters battle cry.

thanks, guys both. I was wondering for something in the 50-55 foot belly length range. See that Gaelforce does one 54 ft @ 30 Gram. You support opinion rod is fine at that weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by roberthenaghan View Post
    thanks, guys both. I was wondering for something in the 50-55 foot belly length range. See that Gaelforce does one 54 ft @ 30 Gram. You support opinion rod is fine at that weight ?
    Drop James Chalmers at Gaelforce an email and ask him. Heíll come back quickly and provide a robust recommendation. Iíve asked about 4 lines. Sometimes heís gone with what I expected but once he recommended much heavier than I would have. Iíve always done what he suggested and each time his recommendation has been spot on each time.

Is it the 6/7 or 7/8 ?
    I think they both has been called light...

Hi henke it's the 6/7 one

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Okay - on this I use LTS lines in 6/7 or Scandi heads in the range 25-28 gram. More than enough.10-11 m.
    Have fun !
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthenaghan View Post
    Hi henke it's the 6/7 one

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk