Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: BOSS spey lines

Default BOSS spey lines

I recently purchased a line from BOSS and wanted to give them a plug as I am liking these lines ALOT!
    Gene Oswald, designer and also North American rep for B&W has released a couple fishing lines in addition to his competition spey lines. The current offerings are a 9/10 and 8/9 line at 68' and 64'. Gene was a successful long time spey competitor at SOR and his experience and expertise has produced the best long line I have personally ever used. My addiction to the longer rods and lines over 20 years has emptied my wallet on about every longer line ever made. lol! The Nextcast FF70's have been my go to lines for many years, but these new BOSS lines have replaced them for me. Great turnover and shootability. These lines are also thinner in diameter than their competitors which adds to performance.
    If you have a chance to try one I'd certainly recommend it.
    For the record I am not in anyway connected to BOSS.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by bluejay; 23-08-2019 at 12:18 AM.

[QUOTE=bluejay;1151472]I recently purchased a line from BOSS and wanted to give them a plug as I am liking these lines ALOT!
    Gene Oswald, designer and also North American rep for B&W has released a couple fishing lines in addition to his competition spey lines. The current offerings are a 9/10 and 8/9 line at 68' and 64'. /[QUOTE]

Personally I can't be bothered with long spey lines.
    For general angling 54ft is comfortable.
    Anything longer than that and I would probably need an instruction manual to cast.
    Last edited by keirstream; 24-08-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    Respect My Authorita!!