Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default SFF July Meet, Dalmarnock Beat River Tay

In view of the recent success of the Meet held of the 15th May at the Dalmarnock beat on the River Tay, excellently organised and catered for by Paul (Silver Tourist), I'm sure there is enough interest to arrange another meet. Colin has generously agreed to host another meet on the beat.

The proposed date is the 24th July 2010 and held again on the Dalmarnock beat, Middle Tay at Dunkeld.

Lunch will be provided with Paul again working his magic on the BBQ, and the beat is available from 4:30am for those who want a run through the pools before the sun comes up and fishing on after 5:30pm.

The cost per rod is 37 with 20 rods available on the beat, with Dalmarnock having the best of its fishing and catches over the summer months last year, prospects are good for the chance of both Salmon and Sea Trout on the day.

The allocation of rods will again be done by drawing numbers from a hat, the beat accommodated 20 angles comfortably so i see no problem in using this method again, with the opportunity for those who wish to fish on past 5:30pm being able to do so.

The beat is 2.75 miles long with double bank fishing, and holds and fishes in both high and low water. You only need to look Heb Ghillies Cracker to see the quality of a Tay fish, and this was caught at summer levels.

For pictures of the beat and information on how the May meet went have a look at the following posts

May Meet
    A Day on the Tay, Dalmarnock

If you wish to come along for a day of good company, some superb water and Paul's much lauded BBQ Chicken, please send me a pm so i can confirm and add you to the list.

1. Scanny
    2. Fishing Spirit
    3. Silver Tourist
    4. Silver Tourist Guest
    5. Fergie GAC
    6. Fergie GAC Guest
    7. Bigfish
    8. Alec
    9. Paulfish_1
    10. Doon Rod
    11. Piscatoria
    12. Mk1
    13. Sammy Salmon
    14. Auldsalmon
    15. Auldsalmon Guest
    16. Labman
    17. Beast
    18. krazed maggot
    19. krazed maggot guest
    20. Salmo9

Reserves

Regards

Steve
    Last edited by Scanny; 23-05-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

Default Dalmarnock Meet July 2010

Scanny,
    PM sent re the meet
    Thank you
    Kind Regards
    Bigfish
    I might go hame, but a never gie up!

PM sent, Im up for this again.

Hi Scanny

Reserve me a spot also.

Cheers
    P
    zzzz Jag,jag,jag zzzz Jag,jag ping! Oh dear

Hi guys

The response has been good so far and ive got all those who requested, updated on the list. It should be another good day on some nice water. Its over half full already so get in touch.

Thanks

Steve
    Last edited by Scanny; 19-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

pm sent im up for it again

That's it down to the last four rods and reserves, thanks to everyone who has signed up so far
    Last edited by Scanny; 19-05-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Put me down for it as well Steve, looks a good day out.
    Hidden Content

Tight lines,Alan..

Am I too late to put my name down?

would def do it again superb day out and Ill get more than 30mins sleep the night before this time lol

Kendo
    Tell the World there is an Invisible Man in the Sky who created the Universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet...and they have to touch it to be sure

Not a problem Kendo.

Thats us full, I'll take names for the reserve list incase anyone has to pull out or something comes up.
    Last edited by Scanny; 20-05-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast