Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: member meet-ups

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    8

    Default member meet-ups

    I am planning a week in Scotland march,april maybe easter.
    As I am from Suffolk not many salmon anglers down here that I know,so just wondered if there are any other like minded anglers who fancy meeting up/cottage share/b&b etc
    I am a relative beginner and fish the north esk in October but fancy a go in the spring on a different river.
    So if any group/syndicate or other lonely sad anglers fancy a get together and a good laugh and joke at the same time let me know,it would be much appreciated.
    All the very best
    steve creasey

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alnwick, Northumberland
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Steve. Which way are you travelling up?
    I have my own stretch on the River Coquet, just under two miles called Upper Morwick. Itís a great beat for the fly but also spinning. Your more than welcome to fish it on your way up if you wish, I have a small private syidcaate on it but I would let you have a cast if you wished.
    Itís around 30minutes south of the boarders.
    Let me no if thatís any good for you. Cheers. Janes

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    2,553

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    Steve. Which way are you travelling up?
    I have my own stretch on the River Coquet, just under two miles called Upper Morwick. Itís a great beat for the fly but also spinning. Your more than welcome to fish it on your way up if you wish, I have a small private syidcaate on it but I would let you have a cast if you wished.
    Itís around 30minutes south of the boarders.
    Let me no if thatís any good for you. Cheers. Janes
    Lovely gesture, well done sir

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Thankyou you very much for that very kind offer, However I have booked a couple of days on canterland and three on my usual pert fishing on the north esk as I did not hear anything from any other members.
    I am travelling up on sunday 6th may.
    many many thanks indeed.
    rgds
    steve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bryneglwys, Corwen. North Wales
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eldred View Post
    I am planning a week in Scotland march,april maybe easter.
    As I am from Suffolk not many salmon anglers down here that I know,so just wondered if there are any other like minded anglers who fancy meeting up/cottage share/b&b etc
    I am a relative beginner and fish the north esk in October but fancy a go in the spring on a different river.
    So if any group/syndicate or other lonely sad anglers fancy a get together and a good laugh and joke at the same time let me know,it would be much appreciated.
    All the very best
    steve creasey
    Hi Steve,

    Only just seen your mail!
    I would have been interested in joining you?

    Regards,
    Derek
    Please save me from the things I must have!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    up to ma tits in water on the ayr
    Posts
    3,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    Steve. Which way are you travelling up?
    I have my own stretch on the River Coquet, just under two miles called Upper Morwick. Itís a great beat for the fly but also spinning. Your more than welcome to fish it on your way up if you wish, I have a small private syidcaate on it but I would let you have a cast if you wished.
    Itís around 30minutes south of the boarders.
    Let me no if thatís any good for you. Cheers. Janes
    This is a generous gesture indeed if it stretches to all members i wouldnt mind a a wee cast myself
    All the same nice 1 James
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eldred View Post
    I am planning a week in Scotland march,april maybe easter.
    As I am from Suffolk not many salmon anglers down here that I know,so just wondered if there are any other like minded anglers who fancy meeting up/cottage share/b&b etc
    I am a relative beginner and fish the north esk in October but fancy a go in the spring on a different river.
    So if any group/syndicate or other lonely sad anglers fancy a get together and a good laugh and joke at the same time let me know,it would be much appreciated.
    All the very best
    steve creasey
    Are you male or female

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alnwick, Northumberland
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Steve.
    Not a problem, the offer is there and is open to any forum
    Members who wish to split there journey with a hour
    Or twos fishing. Always like to help other keen salmon chasers.
    I am here till early May then Iím heading over to Russia to guide till October.
    So anytime from now till May is fine.
    Just send me a PM and we can organise.
    Tightlines to all. James

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    Steve.
    Not a problem, the offer is there and is open to any forum
    Members who wish to split there journey with a hour
    Or twos fishing. Always like to help other keen salmon chasers.
    I am here till early May then Iím heading over to Russia to guide till October.
    So anytime from now till May is fine.
    Just send me a PM and we can organise.
    Tightlines to all. James
    Nice gesture mate. Sure once they see the water they will be back for a full day or more, the coquets a special place and has to be seen 1st hand to appreciate it fully.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bryneglwys, Corwen. North Wales
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    Steve. Which way are you travelling up?
    I have my own stretch on the River Coquet, just under two miles called Upper Morwick. Itís a great beat for the fly but also spinning. Your more than welcome to fish it on your way up if you wish, I have a small private syidcaate on it but I would let you have a cast if you wished.
    Itís around 30minutes south of the boarders.
    Let me no if thatís any good for you. Cheers. Janes

    Hi Janes,

    I was only up that way last week. Had a trip to Holy Island to see where the Vikings landed! Also visited Bamburgh Castle and Berwick -upn-Tweed. Had a great week.

    From an English man living in North Wales

    Derek
    Please save me from the things I must have!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •