Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  71
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: member meet-ups

Default Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by dexterbuchanan1 View Post
    Would love to take 1 of the top on a bomber or the like
    Next time Dexter...I will set up a hitch....Had it with me, but didn't think to set it up due to the conditions ?
    I don't know the Ayr, but I would think you could have some real fun on a river that size, with the hitch!

Mel.....

Quote Originally Posted by lowforcefly View Post
    Next time Dexter...I will set up a hitch....Had it with me, but didn't think to set it up due to the conditions ?
    I don't know the Ayr, but I would think you could have some real fun on a river that size, with the hitch!

Mel.....
    Cheers for that Mel
    Have tried a hitch(micro tube with hole on side)on the Ayr had plenty trout and seatrout but never had a salar on it,i remember fishing 1 on my favourite tailend as the hitch was coming through the v a grilse poked its head through the surface and missed the fly,wow i will never forget that
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Once the rivers drops and water temp rises July onwards hitch should work ok.
    With regards to the bomber, great sport for sea trout at night when the air temp is high!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    Once the rivers drops and water temp rises July onwards hitch should work ok.
    With regards to the bomber, great sport for sea trout at night when the air temp is high!!
    James have you had any luck surface fishing on the coquet ? Was thinking of trying hitch flies somewhere like paupergaugh bridge pool for the seatrout but never seen anyone trying it, same with sunrays etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678