Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Mourne Shrimp

Default Mourne Shrimp

I got this from the ĎReportsí section of an old T&S. Apparently this took the mourne by storm at some point in the 1990s. The back should be White Raffia, but I donít have any of that, so itís lacewing..

#10 Magni

41e09ba2-c95c-4889-ad00-4969776aecab-jpeg

I can certainly see that still working very well especially as so many salmon are hooked by trout/grayling anglers on Czech nymphs with similar looking backs. Itís almost a cross over between those and salmon shrimp flies.

Very nice, GK👍
    Just a thought but have you tried it with some eyes just to finish its shrimpiness?
    ďOh! You are the people ruining the rivers and environment.Ē
    Prince Philip, to Scottish fish farm employees at Holyrood, 1999

Quote Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
    Very nice, GK👍
    Just a thought but have you tried it with some eyes just to finish its shrimpiness?
    Hi Gary

I missed your question. I havenít tried it with eyes, but I think they would fit perfectly.

Ladies & Gents

After a couple of questions, I finally went through the T&Ss to find the picture of the pattern. I have some corrections.

1. The river is wrong, the fly isnít from the Mourne but other rivers on the Foyle system are mentioned.

2. I was way off on my dates. The issue was the Aug 1987 T&S and the feature describes success using the pattern in 1986😂.

I did get the system right though

For reference:

46929914-0735-4948-bf8a-9e643f066f4e-jpeg
    Last edited by Grassy_Knollington; 16-02-2020 at 12:43 PM.