Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Reverend Mole?

Default Reverend Mole?

Iím not sure if this is true to the more modern version of the original or not as I only had a slightly unclear photo to go by. As a result this may just be my take on it. Iíd be pleased to hear if anyone has the recipe!

Thread: 8/0 black
    Tag: Medium copper wire
    Tail: GP red flank
    Body: gold tinsel
    Rib: medium copper wire
    Hackle: orange over black Chinese cock

2589cf8c-43f9-4e66-a7bc-834a1c15aaa1-jpeg

I think the original has a tail of half black bucktail with half orange bucktail on top. Sewinfly who is a member on the forum will likely to be able to confirm this. What I like about the Reverend Mole, is you can use copper wire to form the body to provide a weighted fly.

Nothing wrong with your version. It will catch fish for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewinboy View Post
    I think the original has a tail of half black bucktail with half orange bucktail on top. Sewinfly who is a member on the forum will likely to be able to confirm this. What I like about the Reverend Mole, is you can use copper wire to form the body to provide a weighted fly.

Nothing wrong with your version. It will catch fish for sure.
    Thanks for that. I was copied this morning with the article giving the correct tying and itís history which is as you describe it. Iíll knock up a couple later with the correct recipe and repost for future reference as the only thread simply refers to the magazine article from a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by iainmortimer View Post
    Thanks for that. I was copied this morning with the article giving the correct tying and itís history which is as you describe it. Iíll knock up a couple later with the correct recipe and repost for future reference as the only thread simply refers to the magazine article from a while back.
    Hi Iain,

Iíd be very interested to see your Ďcorrectí dressing if youíve had a chance to tie one up! I fish on the Usk where it has a reputation for being very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kype King View Post
    Hi Iain,

Iíd be very interested to see your Ďcorrectí dressing if youíve had a chance to tie one up! I fish on the Usk where it has a reputation for being very successful.
    This is the correct dressing. Itís not clear in the photo but there are three strands of micro crystal flash tied in between each layer of the tail.

b76fe5e1-0ce1-4456-a33e-c886174a6c26-jpeg

[QUOTE=iainmortimer;1139858]This is the correct dressing. Itís not clear in the photo but there are three strands of micro crystal flash tied in between each layer of the tail.

Thanks Iain! I'll tie some up and give it a go! I caught this 13lb beauty on the Use earlier in the week.

fullsizeoutput_16af-jpeg

[QUOTE=Kype King;1140268]
    Quote Originally Posted by iainmortimer View Post
    This is the correct dressing. Itís not clear in the photo but there are three strands of micro crystal flash tied in between each layer of the tail.

Thanks Iain! I'll tie some up and give it a go! I caught this 13lb beauty on the Use earlier in the week.

fullsizeoutput_16af-jpeg
    Nice to get one out before it turned all chocolately especially when its such a nice fish. My 2019 salmon count firmly remains at 0
    Last edited by iainmortimer; 13-06-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Tied a few of these RM's for the Usk.This was posted by me on 19/02/19.In the Shrimp fly patterns.

Attachment 35279

Didn't come out to well with the camera ?

A better picture
    img_20190218_144034-jpg

Sewinfly......
    Last edited by sewinfly; 15-06-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Shame - tight lines for the rest of the season!