Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what in your opinions would be the best size to buy knowing that it would be used for trout and grayling fishing but there is a definite chance of the odd salmon taking the fly
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

Probably a 10' 7 weight.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I have the 10ft 7# salmologic 18g line flys out and had fish up to 8ib in it nice outfit

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    Bought an Agility 2 11foot 6weight . Thought it would be perfect for my sea trout fishing where there is a steep bank behind , and , seeing that I tend to use small flies , a six weight fitted the bill . What a lovely rod , casts well and has landed a few small sea trout and a grilse of about 4lbs . However , the stripper ring seems to be a problem especially when stripping quite aggressively with the line pulled out almost at right angles . The line ( supplied by John Norris with the rod) seems to " whistle " gently and even scrape and seems rough after only a few outings . I have read reviews saying that these fly lines wear out after a season and I'm sure that this is down to the stripper rings . Thought at first there might be a tiny crack in the lining but there isn't . I think it's because the guide lining is very " square " in cross section rather than rounded . Two questions , 1. Has anyone else found this ? 2. What would be the best guide to use as a replacement ? Many thanks , Paul .
    Tried the rod today with a different line - perfect , I obviously imagined that the problem was with the stripper ring . The original line I used was the one supplied by John Norris , a P3 yellow floater which incidentally John Norris state is worth 39.99 !!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    Tried the rod today with a different line - perfect , I obviously imagined that the problem was with the stripper ring . The original line I used was the one supplied by John Norris , a P3 yellow floater which incidentally John Norris state is worth 39.99 !!
    would you recommend the rod now its sorted with a line that suits
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12