Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: River Don

Default River Don

Im wondering if the Don has been fishing recently,any info from ny locals would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Only 1 or 2 fish off the ADAA beats in the last month or so. Not heard of much further up river. My mate fishes around the Inverurie area and not much happening there either.

It's been really slow so far this year. Bumper back end coming!
    Last edited by Craig; 03-05-2012 at 10:47 PM.

After saying the middle beats have not been doing well I've heard a good few fish being caught now in the Inverurie area last few days. All sea licers from what I've been told.

Has the Don's spring run finally arrived at last???

TonyPrior Guest

Default Breda

Just back from a couple of days on Breda, just above Alford. Lost a springer on the first day, got hailstones and north wind in the face second day. But a really cracking bit of water, 2.5 miles of right bank, wild and beautiful. Around 15 good pools, pots or runs. You have to be prepared to walk, and not see another soul all day. I heard reports that sea trout and salmon have been running the Don over the past few days. Martin Webster, Bailiff, is a great chap, extremely helpful. It's advertised on Fishpal - this beat was completely private until this year. Adventure fishing!

Not long back in the house after freezing my digits off on the lower river (ADAA Manse Pool). Water still a bit big for a lot of the pools down here. Didn't see anything at all - not surprising maybe as the air temp was only 4 Deg.C with a wind chill of around -2

Think i will have a trip to spec savers not seen a fish on the don for a few weeks, mostly been fishing kintore and not a touch ! They must be keeping there heads down and motoring through. Spoke to a couple of lads yesterday and were saying a few fish taken during the week.

Don CurlyHorny Guest

Default Inverurie Council Waters

Fished hard last week in high, but great water. No pulls and only 1 fish showing that I noticed. Heard of 2 off of Inverurie in last week or so, one last Saturday and one Tuesday none sea liced. Report of sea trout @ 6lb. Slow stuff so far this season, here`s hoping things pick up this next few weeks as the waters now running clear and holding a great height.

My dad was speaking to a guy who landed a sea liced fish on Thursday on the lower river. Seems to be a few in the system now.
    Last edited by Craig; 06-05-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Is there much happening now?

Been a about halve a dozen fish taken on the don this week i've heard mostly down the lower stretches. Managed to get a fish of around the 7-8 lbs mark middle of the week no sea lice but clean apart from that haven't seen anything else up my direction, very slow going this season so far.
    Last edited by foggie13; 20-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast