Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Default River Teith 2020

A little surprised to see that nobody has kicked off a new thread for this wonderful river which has unfortunately been struggling big style since 2013. That is when the Autumn run decided not to return and the once magnificent late season catches of big licers were replaced with a scattering of small river fish in the pools.
    Cause for hope however, materialised in a significant number of silver fish appearing during the last week of the 2019 season in 3 inches of water. Lets all look forward to this run turning up a wee bit earlier and in bigger numbers so that not only the lower river gets a share of the action.
    All the very best for 2020 to all who fish the Teith past and future. Tight lines to you all.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Default Teith

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    A little surprised to see that nobody has kicked off a new thread for this wonderful river which has unfortunately been struggling big style since 2013. That is when the Autumn run decided not to return and the once magnificent late season catches of big licers were replaced with a scattering of small river fish in the pools.
    Cause for hope however, materialised in a significant number of silver fish appearing during the last week of the 2019 season in 3 inches of water. Lets all look forward to this run turning up a wee bit earlier and in bigger numbers so that not only the lower river gets a share of the action.
    All the very best for 2020 to all who fish the Teith past and future. Tight lines to you all.
    Yeah, here's hoping for an improvement Tom.
    No too bad a grilse run last year, so hope the progeny of that migration that stayed at sea an extra year will give us a better run of 2 sea winter fish this year. And if that happens, I hope they return September and October and not in July and August. We could be doing with some fresh fish at the back end.
    And yeah, tight lines to everyone who ventures onto the river this year.

Tight lines to all for 2020, i think i will be trying to put in the hours for a Springer more than normal this year. Opening day a Saturday so hopefully a few rods on the river this day. lets hope the river is in good nick as i know lots of fishermen cannot make the opening when it is during the week.