Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fly Reel with good drag system

Hi any you guys have any general info on some good fly reels with good,strong drag system for using for a trip to canada

Double handed, single handed? Budget?

Double, middle range budget 13/14ft rod

Best value for a premium reel with a sealed drag to stop a truck is Danielsson. With the post-election jump in the value of sterling it will now be close on 5% cheaper than last week.

The reels are made in Sweden in their own plant to their own design. The quality is superb.

Lamson's have excellent drag and are currently on sale

Waterworks Lamson Liquid 4 Reel | Uttings.co.uk

I use Hatch, Nautilus and Tibor reels for saltwater fishing and their drags are great.

Last summer I took a chance on a cheap (just over £100) Snowbee XS reel. I used it on a king salmon trip to Alaska and it worked fine on fish to 30lb. I was pleasantly surprised ! The Hatch I took as backup didnít get used.

There's a good selection of S.A system two,s on ebay at the moment.
    Solid built reel with a superb drag.

Al

My money would be on a vision deep, the drags better than my hardy and it holds a ton of backing.
    The new guideline favo is a nice reel with nice drag too but not had mine long enough to say how it will last but solidly built. (I would go a size up in one as mines slightly small for the rating in my opinion)
    Also as above you wont go far wrong with a system 2, silky smooth drag plus nice and weighty in bigger sizes if thats what you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have to agree with MCXfisher on the Danielsson and you have 3 models that you could choose from to suit your budget.
    Up to 14ft double hander
    L5W 8twelve - Danielsson Flyreels - Danielsson Flyreels Webshop

13/15ft double hander
    H5D-series - Danielsson Flyreels

The small model for single hander and Switch rods. The middle size for 13/15ft double handers. The LARGE one for sea fishing and big Double handers.
    Control-series - Danielsson Flyreels
    Last edited by bassfly; 14-12-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled View Post
    Lamson's have excellent drag and are currently on sale

Waterworks Lamson Liquid 4 Reel | Uttings.co.uk
    I have two Konic's which are similar and the drag is very good. This model is good for single handed rods. If you are after a reel for a double handed rod then I would suggest the LAMSON GURU 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast