Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Spring Salmon Fly Fishing in April

Evening all,
    What rivers and stretches would ye recommend for April that won't cost an arm and a leg??

Have fished the Tummel and Lyon before.

Was considering Helmsdale and Spey but all advice very welcome.

The Tay at Dalguise is well worth a try at that time of year for a springer. Cost and booking on PayPal.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Why not mix it up with days on the Dee Don Deveron and Spey. Spring fishing has been good on the Don last 2 years Castle Forbes have a few beats you can drive around and is lightly fished you may get it to your self.

BM

Thank you very much for reply lads.
    Really like the idea of splitting time around a few different rivers.
    Could you recommend any good beats for April in the Dee, Deveron and Spey Ben-Macdui?

Have you fished the Carromore Lake in April ? The Tummel is still a good idea for April. Or some beats on the Dee.

Well best advice I can offer is to book nothing until the night before you go if possible depending on how many rods are fishing. If you are fishing your self or with a mate you should be able to book the night before on the Dee.

A lot of nice stretches between Banchory and Aboyne to pick from. If you don't wish to pay for a ghillie then Woodend or Sluie would be ok and the owners should show you the water. Cairnton and Little blackhall are other I would look at. But I would scan Fishpal nearer the time for prices and availability.

If the Dee was flooded off you could head to the North Esk,Deveron,Don.

Best Advice for a Deveron beat in April would be too send SALMON RUSHDIE a PM he will send you in the right direction.

The Spey may be a little more tricky but again I would use Fishpal nearer the time for available beats and prices. I see Gordon Castle has up some early prices already but only to the end of March. There is good club water at Aberlour AA and Grantown Association.

BM