Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allan and Teith

Default Allan and Teith

Any news on these rivers, following the rise in water?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigroger View Post
    Any news on these rivers, following the rise in water?
    A few off Blair Drummond and Doune last week. Not a great deal showing mind you..

Not much happening on the Forth. 3 visits last week. Seen 1 fish on Tuesday night and 2 on Friday. Got a good sea trout and lost another despite seeing almost nothing. Few fish showing in the pool on Saturday but nothing caught that I heard or saw. Big tree stuck in the Rocks and a tree at the meeting of the Forth and Teith looks to be chewed by a beaver. If not some has deliberately damaged it to look like a beaver. Anybody seen it?

went to angling active today , where I purchased my permit months ago , looking to pick up my tags , guess what none left , what load of crapp
    Why has the council not issued them with enough tags to go round?
    it's simple maths ,,, x amount of permits require x amount of tags , there's an issue every year with them
    just a shambles , but hey at least they havnt lost their grass cutting skills 😐
    (Mergus merganser) the end of life as we know it......

How's the fishing this year this is the quietest I've ever seen the Allan thread

lack of water will be hampering things
    (Mergus merganser) the end of life as we know it......

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan Rocks View Post
    Not much happening on the Forth. 3 visits last week. Seen 1 fish on Tuesday night and 2 on Friday. Got a good sea trout and lost another despite seeing almost nothing. Few fish showing in the pool on Saturday but nothing caught that I heard or saw. Big tree stuck in the Rocks and a tree at the meeting of the Forth and Teith looks to be chewed by a beaver. If not some has deliberately damaged it to look like a beaver. Anybody seen it?
    Is Scott still involved in the system he has been quite on the forum he used to post on a regular basis.....

Not Seen it but know that there is a few beaver at the top end of the blue banks and you can see its slide on the muddy bank just at the bottom of what is left of the once famous Keirstream. Trees down and beaver stumps around the banks. Now they are protected i am sure they will be working their way up to Keir and Blairdrummond . I would dread to think of the mess they will make to the river around the upper Teith beats where the trees line almost every section.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieL View Post
    Not Seen it but know that there is a few beaver at the top end of the blue banks and you can see its slide on the muddy bank just at the bottom of what is left of the once famous Keirstream. Trees down and beaver stumps around the banks. Now they are protected i am sure they will be working their way up to Keir and Blairdrummond . I would dread to think of the mess they will make to the river around the upper Teith beats where the trees line almost every section.
    Hi Archie,
    the slide is most probably created by the resident otter family but yes, there is ongoing beaver activity in that area and up to the Beech Tree pool on Keir. It seems fairly subdued at the moment but in reality can only go one way. The habitat in the wooded marshy area at the top of the Blue Banks seems to be keeping them happy just now but it's only a matter of time and peer pressure before they progress upriver.
    I 1st saw a beaver around 2 winters ago at the Sand Plant just below the Red Burn pool.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Hi KS

What you say rings bells as i had recently seen evidence of otters with bits of a small salmon looking like it had been eaten lying on the shingle there. I have not seen the otters there as yet but thought there may be some. Last year i thought the Beavers were starting to come out the marsh back water area as i seen stumps on the walk in to Keirstream just as you are about to turn left opposite the Keir sign on far bank.

Where the slide was had me thinking as it was just at the end of the opposite raised bank with some cover and just where you used to get a take and fish used to be seen regularly. Now if i was a salmon looking to take a breather before pushing on up river then i would not be hanging around here with Otters slipping in and out regularly. Anyway that is my excuse for blanking on last few visits up there but i thought it was a beaver slide but if otter then this may explain why no residents lying around last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast