Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  681
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Macdui View Post
    Aye that bit looks ok Bill at least until spring growth kicks in . Now getting down to there could be interesting

BM
    Do you think Mr Fyfe might give us a cheap ticket BM,if we were to offer our superb bank maintenance services on his beat?

Donury

That is why I still like using a spey line. it saves running line tangles and is easier for just doing basic roll cast, flick cast,make it up as you go casts when you are in the deepest jungle
    I wouldn't be without my Spey Lines for that very reason.
    Bill Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Donury View Post
    Do you think Mr Fyfe might give us a cheap ticket BM,if we were to offer our superb bank maintenance services on his beat?

Donury
    I have a bushman hand saw but fear I may be under gunned with that equipment .

For anyone interested there is a Fetternear beat map on the fishpal page on the links tab. Shows the named pools and track. Am thinking the track was put in for the Gentry many years ago

It shows how good it could be with some chainsaw work

BM
    Last edited by Ben-Macdui; 22-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Monymusk.

don-2811a-jpg

Fetternear Bridge Pool.

Water fair raspin throo

don-2811c-jpgdon-2811b-jpg

Fetternear/beat 3

pish poor photo getting dark

don-2811e-jpg

Fetternear/Beat 3 looking down water.

don-2811d-jpg

The Don really is a beautiful river, both to fish, and the scenery.

If the runs come back to anything like they were, it would (again!) be top of my destination list. We'd need to find somewhere else to stay after the old Kildrummy Inn became a bit OTT. Maybe the Brig will be worth a look...!

Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    The Don really is a beautiful river, both to fish, and the scenery.

If the runs come back to anything like they were, it would (again!) be top of my destination list. We'd need to find somewhere else to stay after the old Kildrummy Inn became a bit OTT. Maybe the Brig will be worth a look...!

Oscar.
    For a visiting Angler like your self Oscar I have to say Oct is not worth it sadly. it would need to be late May early June or September if the water is good.

Oct is now a damp squib sadly. I know lots of folk including myself used to love fishing in Oct but it is so poor now I no longer set the alarm for 6am A couple hours in the Afternoon is all the effort I give it now.

BM

For a visiting Angler like your self Oscar I have to say Oct is not worth it sadly. it would need to be late May early June or September if the water is good.

Oct is now a damp squib sadly. I know lots of folk including myself used to love fishing in Oct but it is so poor now I no longer set the alarm for 6am A couple hours in the Afternoon is all the effort I give it now.

BM
    We used to go in late September, and the biggest issue was water on the eastern side of Scotland.

As you say, May would be great, but doesn't work for me from a family perspective.

Cheers.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast