Looking up water from the Dam pool

wk-6-jpeg

guest2938 Guest

some nice water there

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    some nice water there

DCH
    Do you think a spring offers would work better on beats like CF say 6 days fishing anytime over March April May for local rods at a discounted price of 30 quid a day with VAT included. 180 quid it would get fish in the book and give local rods a chance to fish some cracking water.
    As much as I enjoy club water its good to have a proper day out on great pools. Plus you can cross over beats at lunch time.

BM

Great photos BM.

I love that water.Had two great seasons fishing there.

Think i might have made a mistake moving away from that area

Donury

Looks cracking water, seems a bit steep at £55/65 a day, surely you’d think if they said £30 they would get far more day rods having a crack and boosting catch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    Looks cracking water, seems a bit steep at £55/65 a day, surely you’d think if they said £30 they would get far more day rods having a crack and boosting catch numbers
    That is what I think with Vat and booking fee added coming in just under 40 quid after April. I think that is fair since they don't do any strimming at CF. But more rods would trample down the growth that is also a plus. It is cheaper in Feb/March.

1 good Thing is beats 2 and 4 above Bridge of Keig have great access you can dart from side to side in the car if there is nobody else fishing to get the best out of the water.

BM

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Macdui View Post
    That is what I think with Vat and booking fee added coming in just under 40 quid after April. I think that is fair since they don't do any strimming at CF. But more rods would trample down the growth that is also a plus. It is cheaper in Feb/March.

1 good Thing is beats 2 and 4 above Bridge of Keig have great access you can dart from side to side in the car if there is nobody else fishing to get the best out of the water.

BM
    Would Feb/March be a bit early for up there if had a reasonably cold winter?
    Looking at there bookings the past few years when availability comes up there must be next to no pre booked weeks, I haven’t fished it myself but always thought about it then seemed expensive for the Don for the catches past few years, another beat to add to my Don list of must visit sometime

Not a lot in this presentation but worth a look

http://www.riverdon.org/documents/Do...APM%202019.pdf

guest2938 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Macdui View Post
    Do you think a spring offers would work better on beats like CF say 6 days fishing anytime over March April May for local rods at a discounted price of 30 quid a day with VAT included. 180 quid it would get fish in the book and give local rods a chance to fish some cracking water.
    As much as I enjoy club water its good to have a proper day out on great pools. Plus you can cross over beats at lunch time.

BM
    Its crazy that beat owners are not being creative in offering spring offers, season tickets, or some sort of special deals throughout the season. Beats lie unfished until there is news of some catches that make it worthwhile for angler to make a trip. Also, most anglers have access to some association water so they are highly unlikely to pay more to fish early spring if they are concentrating their efforts on their home waters first. Good water is not being fished at productive times. Take Castle Forbes, i think some of the best fly water on the Don, better to have rods on the bank and revenue of some sort, than nothing. One of these days the penny might actually drop that they need to move with the times, turn the cost of fishing their beat on its head and do away with the increase in prices into October, which historically was the greatest catches. For me its all about the quality of fish. Fill the banks at the start of the year with some good offers, spring tickets whatever, get the fish catch numbers in the book early doors and advertise the prime quality springers that are getting caught, reduce the current cost of day tickets sales from mid year until season end and the uptake in sales will follow. £60+ for a days fishing in Oct is too much.

DCH

guest2938 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    Would Feb/March be a bit early for up there if had a reasonably cold winter?
    Looking at there bookings the past few years when availability comes up there must be next to no pre booked weeks, I haven’t fished it myself but always thought about it then seemed expensive for the Don for the catches past few years, another beat to add to my Don list of must visit sometime
    Its hard to predict these days Scoops. Fishing Inverurie historically, we always used to hear of catches on lower ADAA water first, then a few getting caught at Ardmurdo / Keithall, then Manar the beat above, then we would get into the fish end of March April. These days the rule book is out the window. I do think CF is too early Feb / Mar, but anywhere up to Kemnay or Monymusk depending on temps and water levels and you just never know. The first fish off the water a couple years ago was Killdrummy,

Ive fished a lot of the Don, but Inverurie (because i know it very well) Manar and Castle Forbes for the fly water, do it for me personally.

DCH

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast