Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  65
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Well didnít have a great season on the Leven this year, only managed to catch anything by heading up to the Endrick in August, but in fairness was working away from home most of the time so couldnít put in the effort required, still thatís fishing 😱😂 apart from few seatrout and losing a couple of fish that was it.
    Oh well roll on next year 😂
    Last edited by highlander gus; 17-11-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander gus View Post
    Well didnít have a great season on the Leven this year, only managed to catch anything by heading up to the Endrick in August, but in fairness was working away from home most of the time so couldnít put in the effort required, still thatís fishing 😱😂 apart from few seatrout and losing a couple of fish that was it.
    Oh well roll on next year 😂
    Hi Gus ,, As you say not a great year but certainly improving, on the S/t front , doing quite well when work allowed , ,until the large spates of the summer put paid to my night fishing, I noticed a large tree has fallen into one of the pools [cake shop ?] Ihope the Asso will be on top of this situation as quickly as they seem to be when a tree or whatever falls into the sacred waters of the Endrick spawning burn , was round the Leven on a couple of occations [ before the water went sky high ] and noticed some fish spawning ,this must be a good sign for the future, this site is buffering quite badly at the moment ! or is it always like this? Iwas wondering if anything can be done about the amount of trees that have fallen into the river Pikey and above they are a real pain in the butt, and will only cause significant problems for guys trying to fish if not taken care of in the future , Well I hope you and yours all had a very nice Xmas and enjoy a prosperous New Year,,,,

Hello all, thinking of taking a season ticket in 2020, can you hire a boat on the loch per day? Or do members have their own boats?
    Cheers

Hi, you will need a boat as McFarlane of Balmaha no longer hire out boats.

Are the season permits available yet.?

Yes in the usual outlets

Cheers. 👍🏻

My permit came through the door today, I must say that I'm excited to fish the system, having never done so before. The loch map provided is so well thought out and put together I'd consider framing it. Thanking 'tealblue' for his above response, and before considering the outlay for a boat/storage/mooring/slip fee etc i wondered if there were any members that would boat share, 50/50, rent per day, or whatever, it's only an idea. If anyone is interested, feel free to pm me
    Never trust a man who when left alone with a tea cosy doesn't try it on

Quote Originally Posted by tealblue View Post
    Hi, you will need a boat as McFarlane of Balmaha no longer hire out boats.
    What have they done with the old boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Holroyd View Post
    What have they done with the old boats?
    Strangely enough, I was having the same thought. I used to hire 'Kestrel' as it had a higher stern which allowed me to use my long shaft Seagull outboard. There must have been about 20 boats the last time I hired from them.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast