Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: River Earn 2019

Default River Earn 2019

Bliadhna Mhath Ur to all Earn anglers. Hoping for better water and more fish this year.

I have been down a few times grayling fishing .they haven't been as numerous as other years. What I did notice was the number of salmon moving through. Or should that be, the lack of them. December ususlly sees a lot of salmon moving and splashing about. In 4/5 trips I hardly saw a salmon move. On the up side we did catch a few wee finnock as a by catch, they were minted. Good luck to Earn anglers 2019. What do we want? Rain! When do we want it? All june , July and August! And some in October.

Have seen/caught more finoch last season than for many seasons past. Just thin out the goosanders Iand that would be a big help to the river.
    Bob.

it would, I am seeing them everywhere and they aren't even a native species!

Cold and clear forecat for Friday. Who'll be out for Opening Day?

No chance of a fresh fish with the water so low but it's all about the ceremony and the hope of things to come.

20190129-earn-level-jpg

Will be out on Saturday just to be there again and to know I have survived another winter.
    Bob.

A hardy dozen turn out to brave the cold (-8c) and low water conditions for the Crieff AC Opening Day. There was grue on the river, not seen that in years, and unsurprisingly, no fish!

Nonetheless, a good crack accompanied by some Glenturret 10 Year Old (thank you) and a look forward to a better season, hopefully .

20190201-opening-day-2_sm-jpg

20190201-opening-day-grue-2_sm-jpg

Walked our beats yesterday and never saw a sign of a kelt dead or alive. With it having been a fairly dry winter compared with past I would have expected to find dead ones amongst the rubbish from the last spate.
    Good to see the place again. Watched a dab chick [little grebe] in one of the pools. Always amazes me how they manage to survive the winter.
    Any one had anything yet.
    Bob.

Well that will clear out any kelts. Might even bring up the odd early fish too.

20190207-earn-dalginross-jpg
    Last edited by bradan; 08-02-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Looks like the Earn levels have been removed from the new FishPal site

Old Site

New Site

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast