Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: River Earn 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart1108 View Post
    What beat is available at Auchterarder to fish also can u get a trout day permit thair also
    Derek Trevis is the man. Not sure if he is still active on this forum.

Default Turret Dam

Had a couple of broonies from the dam on my first visit last night and plenty splashing about. Had a couple quick casts for trout near sewage works at Comrie over past couple weeks but would I be better on lower river on Crieff water for trout?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fillan View Post
    Had a couple of broonies from the dam on my first visit last night and plenty splashing about. Had a couple quick casts for trout near sewage works at Comrie over past couple weeks but would I be better on lower river on Crieff water for trout?
    Turret Dam?

There are still some descent Brownies to be had on the Drummond Castle beat if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by bradan View Post
    Turret Dam?

There are still some descent Brownies to be had on the Drummond Castle beat if you know where to look.
    Cheers Braden, I'll get down there and try a couple small spiders for them. Turret reservoir is 15 minute drive from Crieff and part of the Crieff ticket or £6 a day. Wasn't much of a wind but good to get a couple to start the season off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fillan View Post
    Cheers Braden, I'll get down there and try a couple small spiders for them. Turret reservoir is 15 minute drive from Crieff and part of the Crieff ticket or £6 a day. Wasn't much of a wind but good to get a couple to start the season off.
    It's amazing just how hard those Turret Brownies and how eager they are for the fly. Great dry fly fishing on a summer's evening.

With all the good water and fish getting caught in the Tay, anyone heard of any fish or sea trout getting caught.
    Out with a friend yesterday and the wind would freeze you. Water is also very cold. Still must [I hope] be a few about.
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by goosander View Post
    With all the good water and fish getting caught in the Tay, anyone heard of any fish or sea trout getting caught.
    Out with a friend yesterday and the wind would freeze you. Water is also very cold. Still must [I hope] be a few about.
    Bob.
    Not exactly sure where the Tay is getting its water. Can we have some. Fish won't run in this height.

studio_20190414_221725-jpg

The river has been at a good height down here for a few weeks now so would have thought that there must be some fish about.The Tay reports show a few being caught although we do not know the rod effort
    Bob.

Default Reia

I believe the River Earn Improvement Association Agm is this Wed at 730pm in British Legion , Crieff. Who all going then?

Iíve heard of a fish caught on Crieff water by a visiting angler and also a seatrout by a local. We need some sustained rain for a few days , although the Ruchill was up a bit Saturday

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast