Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  259
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Barrymc1 View Post
    I recon the leven must be under a meter to stand a chance of nailing a springer . If the waters above that the fish will run it in no time
    You can catch in high water, I've done it myself when the river was circa 1.7m on SEPA in March as well.

Barrymc1, Normally the gates will have been shut by the time the water gets to 1 meter. It will by then have gone down to W/End level.
    The committee have managed to negotiate for better levels and w/end level should be the minimum we get. Springers have been caught (on the fly) in higher waters, some of us always thought when the water was perfect, it was likely they would shut the gates.

Default W/end water

Quote Originally Posted by para1 View Post
    Barrymc1, Normally the gates will have been shut by the time the water gets to 1 meter. It will by then have gone down to W/End level.
    The committee have managed to negotiate for better levels and w/end level should be the minimum we get. Springers have been caught (on the fly) in higher waters, some of us always thought when the water was perfect, it was likely they would shut the gates.
    What height is w/end water on the river then . Its fishing m8 its just your luck mon the springerssss

Quote Originally Posted by Barrymc1 View Post
    What height is w/end water on the river then . Its fishing m8 its just your luck mon the springerssss
    summer low is around 0.45m, w/end around 0.55m, gates normally close around 1.1m

Default Cheers

Cheers ross . 2nd season on the river no salmon last year on this river but 8 on another . Levens a great challenge with it being tidal and so short from lock to estuary. Brilliant water . 1st springer cant be far away mon the salmon

Has the Leven dropped of since the weekend, the water level has not been updated this week

The water level is updated every morning by myself, I can only assume your not getting the right info. At the moment it is 20ins above the red.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulmer View Post
    Has the Leven dropped of since the weekend, the water level has not been updated this week
    SEPA Water Levels - Leven (Loch Lomond) @ Linnbrane

Quote Originally Posted by para1 View Post
    At the moment it is 20ins above the red.

It says last updated Sunday at 1.8

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast