Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Default Pebble Mine Loses 4th Major Backer – Action needed by Friday 29th June

Source: Sportsmans Alliance 4 Alaska
    Pebble Mine recently lost its 4th major financial backer as First Quantum Minerals decided to walk away from the proposed Pebble Mine project.

First Quantum Minerals figured out what hunters and anglers have long known.* Bristol Bay is no place for a project like Pebble Mine.* First Quantum recently walked away, marking the fourth time a major financial partner has abandoned this reckless project.* Pebble is simply the wrong mine in the wrong place, and it always will be.

The backers of Pebble Mine recently submitted amendments to their mine plan that the US Army Corps of Engineers is receiving comments on.* Guess what?* It’s bigger than what they had initially proposed.* Another example of how Pebble can’t be trusted with America’s most productive wild salmon fishery and iconic global sporting destination.
    Hunters and anglers are wondering…What do Mitsubishi, Anglo American, Rio Tinto, and First Quantum know that the US Army Corps of Engineers doesn’t?
    This has gone on far too long already.* Enough Is Enough.
    Take Action Now!
    >>*Click this link and*Submit your official comment by this Friday June 29!
    #nopebblemine *

Article Source...

Home Near Wasilla Alaska and at the Cabin In The Bush Near Skwentna Alaska

What do they know that the Corps of Army Engineers don't? At this time they have different CEO's for one thing.

Having worked and fished in the area this disaster is planned for I can honestly say that a large scale open pit mine in the region is the worst idea that has been tabled since I first dipped my feet into Alaskan waters some 29 years ago. We currently have enough troubles without Pebble or the haunting never say never position it occupies in the collective mind here.