Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New Horncliffe owners

Another season another head boatmanat Horncliffe

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Another season another head boatmanat Horncliffe
    Any details?

well if he has his hart set on a gold watch, he will have to catch more fish for the big book than the last one
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

I have never caught anything on the few times I have fished Horncliffe - even in the low water conditions which are meant to suit it.

The only part I felt more confident was in the steamier water below the castle.

Do people who fish it regularly favour the slower section just above the hut, or the section at the upper part of the beat next to the castle? Just wondered. Thanks

I haven't fished Horncliffe that many times, but I know that generally the lower the water, the further downstream on the beat you want to be and vice versa you want to be higher up the beat if the water's a bit higher. This certainly used to be the case in the autumn.
    Last edited by leo; 15-03-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    I haven't fished Horncliffe that many times, but I know that generally the lower the water, the further downstream on the beat you want to be and vice versa you want to be higher up the beat if the water's a bit higher. This certainly used to be the case in the autumn.
    Only time my friend and I had fished it, it was very high and funnily enough the boatman at that time (Eric?) put us on the very bottom of the beat while he fished the top with another rod!!
    Hmmm

Default Hopeless

The fishing is hopeless on Lower Tweed until just below the Till - they come though like lightning - that's why it was was netted for so many years. TTFN Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    I have never caught anything on the few times I have fished Horncliffe - even in the low water conditions which are meant to suit it.

The only part I felt more confident was in the steamier water below the castle.

Do people who fish it regularly favour the slower section just above the hut, or the section at the upper part of the beat next to the castle? Just wondered. Thanks
    Last edited by Dave Wilkinson; 15-03-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Dave Wilkinson.
    Can you tell me what makes you think downstream of the Till is useless on the Tweed?
    Which beats have you fished exactly?

Default The lot

I know all of them Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cast@Fly View Post
    Dave Wilkinson.
    Can you tell me what makes you think downstream of the Till is useless on the Tweed?
    Which beats have you fished exactly?

Well you obviously don’t no them that well if you think they’re useless......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast