Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    they could mean the ones caught by the gillies mates in the evening after the mugs (day rods paying the full rate) have been bullied home at five , or as I have seen myself, the ones caught by the gillie after opening his hut up at 7.30 am then after seeing a fish jump, putting a spinner through the best holding pool long before the day rods arrive, expecting a virgin pool to put their fly through, just a quick example, the reason to call them "semi false" is because they go in the book but the legitimate paying rod is not aware of the circumstances of when/how they were caught resulting in the false belief that the water hasn't been disturbed since 5.00 the previous night, in many cases I suppose "what the eye dosnt see, the hart doesn't greave for"

Can't think of any Tweed beats that would behave like that !
    I am planning on some 'out of hours' sorties myself this season.
    Seems a long way off at the moment what with the weather and trying to shake off a virus with a dose of antibiotics !

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    Can't think of any Tweed beats that would behave like that !
    I am planning on some 'out of hours' sorties myself this season.
    Seems a long way off at the moment what with the weather and trying to shake off a virus with a dose of antibiotics !
    we all might be cutting grass and catching fish by next week paul
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

well if he has his hart set on a gold watch, he will have to catch more fish for the big book than the last one
    The last 1 had a very hard year koz of water levels . no fish and no rods as Horncliffe boatman not allowed to fish.if u can do better mabye u should of applied for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    The last 1 had a very hard year koz of water levels . no fish and no rods as Horncliffe boatman not allowed to fish.if u can do better mabye u should of applied for the job.
    well I agree it was a tough season, however we fish below horncliffe and had fish, some good ones too, but a beat with a av of 120 salmon then to catch 10 in 2018 ????? say no more! I agree gillies shouldn't fish, they are here to help the paying rods too, as well as cutting down weeds, so paying rods can get down to the river, as for me applying for the boatmans job, no cannot think of a worse way to spend my days, rods windging in my ear all day, owners wining, no fish = no tips maybe I will give the application one big miss thanks, not that I couldn't handle the boats or get rods fish, water levels or not, but maybe I like what I already do best
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

well I agree it was a tough season, however we fish below horncliffe and had fish, some good ones too, but a beat with a av of 120 salmon then to catch 10 in 2018 ????? say no more! I agree gillies shouldn't fish, they are here to help the paying rods too, as well as cutting down weeds, so paying rods can get down to the river, as for me applying for the boatmans job, no cannot think of a worse way to spend my days, rods windging in my ear all day, owners wining, no fish = no tips maybe I will give the application one big miss thanks, not that I couldn't handle the boats or get rods fish, water levels or not, but maybe I like what I already do best
    Could have been a lot worse as well, if it wasn't for one particularly dedicated angler ! (not me I hasten to add ).
    Let's hope things improve this season !

Well ginger caught more fish last season than any of his rods put together and Ladykirk ghillies are made to fish by the owners if Horncliffe ghillies was aloud to fish they would of a hell of a better season as tweed Hill got the best of the fishing in may.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Well ginger caught more fish last season than any of his rods put together and Ladykirk ghillies are made to fish by the owners if Horncliffe ghillies was aloud to fish they would of a hell of a better season as tweed Hill got the best of the fishing in may.
    may was the best month with low water, don't think it ever got low again for very long after that, up and down all summer, then no fish in the autumn, ginge must have a good boss, but most of his fish are caught opposite horncliffes water, so wheres the rods gone too? something must have put them off? but there again who wants to book fishing, if all the fish are caught by the gillie? that's not really the point, the dice is loaded before you turn up in the morning,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345