Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Stripers

Unhappy Stripers

A friend of mine was fishing the mouth of the Miramichi River with a noted sports writer who later declared that this was the greatest striper fishing in the world. They caught 150 salmon in4 hours. The writer then told my friend that the government in Ottawa was approached by the native indians were willing to swap their salmon quotas for stripers. The writer claims they were turned down. Can anyone verify the denial part? This seems like a no brainer if it was true. They legally net the mouth of the Matapedia and take large amount of returning Salmon. A few years ago , rumors had it that they removed 4,000 adult fish.

Sorry mate hit the dislike button but by mistake with my sausage fingers👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Chief22 View Post
    A friend of mine was fishing the mouth of the Miramichi River with a noted sports writer who later declared that this was the greatest striper fishing in the world. They caught 150 salmon in4 hours. The writer then told my friend that the government in Ottawa was approached by the native indians were willing to swap their salmon quotas for stripers. The writer claims they were turned down. Can anyone verify the denial part? This seems like a no brainer if it was true. They legally net the mouth of the Matapedia and take large amount of returning Salmon. A few years ago , rumors had it that they removed 4,000 adult fish.
    Chief - the ASF has already announced that a commercial quota has been granted to the First Nations people. I checked with another source, though, who said the announcement was premature, but that it was imminent. Hope so.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright