Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    Morally bankrupt if ever there was a definition.

I do like your last line, very good. Sums up the status perfectly.

One does not need data when one has "the precautionary principle" to hide behind.
    Quite.

Looking from a dispassionate point of view, devolved powers have not helped in Wales. EAW, CCW and FCW were all too small so they were all jammed together in NRW. CCW was controlled by farmers and FCW by tree planters, so the environmental people now find they are not at arm's length from the biggest polluters while they have no money for enforcement. Fishing in Wales would be better off if the EA still covered England and Wales.

Just keep battering the angler and that income into the economy will be gone
    Start by trying to protect the juvenile stocks there are literally 1000ís of cormorants and goosanders that are battering the stocks of the rivers , the sewage releases that surely canít be allowed to carry on, come down to Redbrook and watch the rafts of foam coming out of the release at Redbrook
    Single barbless only so all the doubles and trebles and tubes I have built up are now redundant in Wales
    There are far bigger issues than pressure from anglers to get stuck into

Default economy

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Just keep battering the angler and that income into the economy will be gone
    Start by trying to protect the juvenile stocks there are literally 1000ís of cormorants and goosanders that are battering the stocks of the rivers , the sewage releases that surely canít be allowed to carry on, come down to Redbrook and watch the rafts of foam coming out of the release at Redbrook
    Single barbless only so all the doubles and trebles and tubes I have built up are now redundant in Wales
    There are far bigger issues than pressure from anglers to get stuck into

I have heard many times that the so called economy benefits somehow,i personally dissagree as when i go for a nights or days fishing,i spend max 20 quid on fuel,then maybe A tenner on tabacco,then maybe a bottle of mineral water,maybe a bite to eat on the way back home,that doenst add up to the crazy 5k to the economy,anyway the way tax returns are being done by many folk from all walks of life i doubt the economy will benefit,its like this the only people who benefit are fishery owners and ghillies/guides....maybe a hotel if yer on a fishing vacation perhaps....

Now for yrs due to euro rules we had nets man on fishing trawlers hammering the sea,if they were targeting say haddock and already had their quota for say cod,and they managed to land a net full of cod those fish had top be chucked over the side to go to waste,not right that is it esp when other euro countries could come here to the uk with zero restrictions.We have our selves to blame,for one we eat cod,haddock,skate and plaice,what about the tastiest fish in the sea the gurnard ? also witch (flatty) dublin bay prawns (Langostinos) to name a few,we sell the best of our fish to the likes of france and spain,and instead leave our selves with what we only know.

as for preds like birds and water mammals, well that's nature and so far nature hasnt created a extinction of any fish species due to predatation? so what we do kill all otters.seals/cormarants,diving birds like grebes etc tell y'all waht why not kill all predatory fish while we at it like we all did in the 60s70s80s90s ? lets go the full hog kill off birds and mammals for our so called sport wow its 2017 and we all supposed to be conservationally minded,i know people from all walks of life in salmon fishing from both sides of the legal fence and ya know what most poachers i know wouldnt want any birds,mammals or pred fish to be removed.....wake up for effs sakes.The river ebro in northern spain has a mad crazy population of wels,zander,and small mouth bass (Perca Amiricana) the area is awash with all kinds of birds that hunt fish raptors and divers and y'a know what each year the world bass fishing comp is held at either caspe or chiprana,WORLD! all the best waters are the ones that have preds be it fish or animals.

what gets me is how come those rivers in question in wales are so clean yet they loosing salmon and st stock? how come we have recovering rivers from industrial pollution that are now booming let me name some of them, the tyne,tees ok not so booming but ranked 25th in the uk,the yorks ouse is prime example,its humber estuary isnt really tip top but trust its a whole lot better than say 20 yrs ago and yet the ouse which feeds the derwent,aire,wharfe,don,gypsy race,river hull,swale,nidd,cover etc theys a hell of a lot mnore than mentioned then where the ouse meets the humber it is a junction for the ouse trent and humber,and both major tribs ie trent and esp ouse are doing better than well.but still polluted a little in places further down towards Hull /google city areas.

so what ever is going on in the uk isnt down to netting at sea or industrial poaching,if that was the case well the river wear and tyne would be dovoid of fish but they aint they both bouncing and rank one and two for the uk.
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12