Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Older rod query. Graphite III 7136-4

Picked up one of these as an impulse buy for not a lot, can anyone recommend a line for this please.

Heads around 34 grms go well on this rod as do short head Spey lines.
    Very traditional actioned rod which is very nice to cast when you slow everything down.

I still have one which doesn't get used as much as it should. I'm afraid I use mine with a line no longer available, a 7/8/9 Windcutter so that's really not much use to you unless you can find a second hand one somewhere. A line with a similar head length and weight should be ideal.

SP8

So, a few have survived despite the rumours!

Thanks lads, appreciate the input. Had a play in the garden with a 37í #8 Rio Scandi head, (460 grain 30gram) itís the same line I use on a 12í #7 oracle Spey that works really well on that. It went nicely with a slower style. Would like a Spey line to play with if anyone can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Petekd View Post
    Thanks lads, appreciate the input. Had a play in the garden with a 37í #8 Rio Scandi head, (460 grain 30gram) itís the same line I use on a 12í #7 oracle Spey that works really well on that. It went nicely with a slower style. Would like a Spey line to play with if anyone can recommend?
    An inexpensive option might be the Norris spey line in 7/8 currently at £14.99. The quality of these lines is not reflected in the price.

SP8

Iíll give that a try at that price, cheers for the tip.