Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Macdui View Post
    Just wondering what others do as i aint used Amneisia before
    Big perfection loop, leave around 3 inches of tag end uncut. Done.

Looks a bit strange and you usually get few comments from people thinking you've done something wrong but the tag end folds back nice and smoothly when the loop hits the rod rings. Give it a try with a wee spare bit if you have some left over...

Quote Originally Posted by Strathglass View Post
    Big perfection loop, leave around 3 inches of tag end uncut. Done.

Looks a bit strange and you usually get few comments from people thinking you've done something wrong but the tag end folds back nice and smoothly when the loop hits the rod rings. Give it a try with a wee spare bit if you have some left over...
    I will do that next time if it fires through the guides okay. that is why a fked about the the stonfo covers.

ta

Just went to the local rugger pitch and stretched hell oot oh the amnesia fairly takes the coils oot if you tie it to a post and pull like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Hi Gibbo
    is that 40 or 50lb that your using??
    thanks Riverman
    Sorry for the delay riverman. I use 30lb. Have no problem with it.You do get the odd tangle with it but no more than any of the branded running lines. It will start to kink but I usually get six months to a year before I have to chop of 20 yards. As pointed out on other posts it casts well so sometimes the head is out before the running line can create enough resistance to turn over the head. All I do is make sure the line hits the reel on the forward cast and it turns everything over fine. In fairness I only fish the big rivers and this set up does me fine. On a smaller river you probablr don't need a distance shooting head.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    i tried amnesia 30lb and thought it would be memory free "amnesia" it came off the reel like a bunch of coil springs.
    I now take back what I said about amnesia! I am now using the 40lb b.s. black amnesia and finding it great! I give it a stretch every now and again and had no problems with tangles and if you leave enough of it trailing in the water it helps to turn over my shooting heads and skagits` fine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234