Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Scierra tactical mono shooting line

Hi , i recently bought a couple of spools of this , the 50lb multicoloured one .
    I have heard it's a decent shooting line , mate of mine has used it in Canada and he says it's handled big kings up to 40lb with no problems at all .
    I'm a little unsure about the whipped on loops , it seems neatly enough attached , but i've never used any like this , i've only used pre - looped Rio's and Gaelforce .
    My kid uses , amnesia , mono as a shooting line and he likes that .
    Anybody use this shooting line and are you confident about the way the loops are attached ?

Quote Originally Posted by brodav66 View Post
    Hi , i recently bought a couple of spools of this , the 50lb multicoloured one .
    I have heard it's a decent shooting line , mate of mine has used it in Canada and he says it's handled big kings up to 40lb with no problems at all .
    I'm a little unsure about the whipped on loops , it seems neatly enough attached , but i've never used any like this , i've only used pre - looped Rio's and Gaelforce .
    My kid uses , amnesia , mono as a shooting line and he likes that .
    Anybody use this shooting line and are you confident about the way the loops are attached ?
    Good running line Davy but once it kinks, it kinks. Used it last couple of seasons mate and shoots well. Bin the loop and do a nail knot on it...minimum 6 turns and bed it in with pliers and a dab of superglue 👍
    "If in doubt, put it back"!

Default Scierra tactical

Bobby , i was never in the scouts and my knots are terrible , lost a big fish down the Piles that i had on for over 10 mins , when i got the line in , hook was gone and i was left with a wee piggy tail !
    Cursed the day i joined the BB's and not the scouts , not the only thing i cursed that day right enough .
    I'll bring the line and some glue down to the Bridge Pool car park and you could loop it for me , in return i'll buy you a roll on sausage and if you make a good job of it , a tunnocks caramel wafer too .
    Can't say fairer than that

Quote Originally Posted by brodav66 View Post
    Bobby , i was never in the scouts and my knots are terrible , lost a big fish down the Piles that i had on for over 10 mins , when i got the line in , hook was gone and i was left with a wee piggy tail !
    Cursed the day i joined the BB's and not the scouts , not the only thing i cursed that day right enough .
    I'll bring the line and some glue down to the Bridge Pool car park and you could loop it for me , in return i'll buy you a roll on sausage and if you make a good job of it , a tunnocks caramel wafer too .
    Can't say fairer than that
    In years gone by it would've been 3 rolls and a multipack of caramel wafers but these days its salad rolls mate so if we can strike a deal on that before 29th Mar then you're on...dib dib dub 🖖
    "If in doubt, put it back"!