Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Cornish Salmon in July

So... I've managed to get a week off work in July (as we speak) and taken myself down to Cornwall to take advantage of the very reasonable 7 day permit from Liskeard & District AC. You may have noticed that we're experiencing some rather dry weather at the moment, and the rivers on my permit are all spate rivers, which doesn't bode well for my already envisaged fireside salmon fishing saga! Does anyone have any experience of these rivers? Any good leads on deep pools or stretches worth fishing in low water? I'm thinking the Fowey or Camel are the most likely rivers on the ticket to have fish in them. Otherwise I'll just keep practicing the rain dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigleym1 View Post
    So... I've managed to get a week off work in July (as we speak) and taken myself down to Cornwall to take advantage of the very reasonable 7 day permit from Liskeard & District AC. You may have noticed that we're experiencing some rather dry weather at the moment, and the rivers on my permit are all spate rivers, which doesn't bode well for my already envisaged fireside salmon fishing saga! Does anyone have any experience of these rivers? Any good leads on deep pools or stretches worth fishing in low water? I'm thinking the Fowey or Camel are the most likely rivers on the ticket to have fish in them. Otherwise I'll just keep practicing the rain dance!
    I would stick to the Fowey, the Camel is in serious trouble. There will be a good few sea trout about then, and if it rains there will be a good chance of a salmon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I would stick to the Fowey, the Camel is in serious trouble. There will be a good few sea trout about then, and if it rains there will be a good chance of a salmon too.
    Thanks Loxie. Got my feet wet on a few of the Fowey beats today. There's enough water to fish in places, hopefully i bump into something coming the other way.