Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
    Dont think you're a plonker. I fished with the tubes back to front at first. I thought it was the way to go as it made the materials flare out and move in an attractive way

Another thought. Don't associate hook size with ability to hook and stay in. The bigger hooks don't necessarily hook better. The size is about balancing the fly rather than hooking potential. A lot of salmon fishing is in your head not the end of the line. Confidence is king and if you're confident with what and how your fishing, you're far more likely to catch.

An extreme example, I often use size 32 trout flies when dry fly fishing for trout and grayling and they are superb hooking flies almost never coming out.
    Think I need to get some new eyesdon't think i could see them under a microscope

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyo View Post
    Think I need to get some new eyesdon't think i could see them under a microscope
    No problem. here you go

Magnifier with lamp for fly tying

Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
    No problem. here you go

Magnifier with lamp for fly tying
    That's all well and good but how do you see them on the water? The number of times I've struck a fish taking a natural caenis while my #22 artificial is sat 2 feet away is enough to make me weep at the memory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123