Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Small Lightweight Double Hander Suggestions

I am thinking about a small double hand rod for low water fishing. I felt over-gunned last season during the drought and now fancy something in the armoury that will cast a very light shooting head line. I'm thinking about 21g line/head weight.
    Any thoughts or suggestions? (Not looking for Switch suggestions, already have that covered )

Thanks in advance, M.

Look at Mullocks Auction 5/4/14

lots 117, 118, 119, 120, 325, 600 - you might need to ring them re line rating I think either 117 or 119 - both 14 feet - is labelled 5/6 which is actually 7/8 - a braw, brand new, tippy fourteen footer.

Ooh a "Tibby"

I was out yesterday trying a few lines on a few different rods on my local river in prep for a a couple of days on the Tyne in May.
    I'm abit of a Guideline fan so all my rods are as such.
    One of the rods I love to use is the 12'6" LPXe 4pc 8/9.It really is a joy to use.
    Incredibly light and puts out a 9/10 F/H/S Scandi beautifully as with all of the Guideline rods I have they seem to perform better with 1 line weight up.
    I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a smaller DH rod.
    Lovely!!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Hardy Demon 12' #7 superb, easy casting rod and so light, I love it

Quote Originally Posted by bros View Post
    Hardy Demon 12' #7 superb, easy casting rod and so light, I love it
    I have had a real problem liking Hardy for most of my fishing life. Perhaps I should re-visit them

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
    I am thinking about a small double hand rod for low water fishing. I felt over-gunned last season during the drought and now fancy something in the armoury that will cast a very light shooting head line. I'm thinking about 21g line/head weight.
    Any thoughts or suggestions? (Not looking for Switch suggestions, already have that covered )

Thanks in advance, M.
    im sure your switch rod will cast 21g easily enough,its small can be used with two hands,problem solved!
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

Find another 98 enthusiasts and we can get zpey to produce a 100 run limited edition 12' #7 of the signature in a nice simple matt black finish

My 13'3 6 piece zpey is a lovely light rod but chucks 27-30g, so heavy for what your looking for.
    To one who has roved on the mountains afar
    Oh! For the crags that are wild and magestic
    The steep frowning glories of dark Lochnagar.

Quote Originally Posted by dexterbuchanan1 View Post
    im sure your switch rod will cast 21g easily enough,its small can be used with two hands,problem solved!
    Tried my 11ft switch rod with a 21g double hand head. Weight not a problem but head length was a real problem for me. Too long for the rod
    D-loop disaster darling

Default Small Double Hander

I've tried Simon's 12' 6" Guideline and can commend its virtues, not least its formidable casting power with a well-matched line.

Coming down a couple of digits my particular favorite in this category is the Vision GT4 Lite 12' #7 matched to a Windcutter 2. Sheer essence of delight for delicate delivery of small flies in clear water, good casting range and ample muscle for fighting fish to 20 lbs (not tested beyond that).

Michael

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast