Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Any ideas?

Default Any ideas?

I currently use a 10ft Shakespeare Trion (royalty spin model) for all my spinning and worming. It's a 3-piece/10-60gm but I'd really prefer something a bit stiffer as even though it's a good rod, a frisky 8lb grilse can bend this rod damn-near right over.

Not wanting to lose sensitivity for feeling the draw of a fish at the worm though, I'd considered an UglyStik Lite 10ftr (are they actually all that 'stiff' though?) but also wondered if anyone had any other options for something in, say, a 50-60-70 bracket?

Many thanks for any suggestions

Forgot to say yesterday, I know a couple of folk who have 8ft uglystiks and they can't vouch for them highly enough for posessing grunt yet maintaining sensitivity at the tip but one person who has a 9ftr says it's a much more-flexible and soft-ish rod.

Can anyone here on the forum say the same about a 9ftr and even the 10ftr? I has hoping a 9ft stik would be a good compromise for the size of rivers that I fish.

A bit more money,DIAWA Whisker/spin 10'
    Great rod

Have a play with some of the barbel rods available now, 1.75lb TC, will handle salmon no problem, sensitive tip etc, and light to hold allday. I use 12ft versions, but 11ft models are available.
    peter

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypeter View Post
    Have a play with some of the barbel rods available now, 1.75lb TC, will handle salmon no problem, sensitive tip etc, and light to hold allday. I use 12ft versions, but 11ft models are available.
    peter

Buy a copy of Angling Times. Coarse fishing boys have many barbel/carp rods 11/12foot as sneakypeter suggest. Surely you need something 10'or over for effective worming. There are plenty to choose from in that price bracket.