Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Seeking a new allrounder 14' #9

Ok, Iíve been posting to rod topics, but not getting an answer. Iím living quite north, so we donít have that much of services around here, so some of the rods are just impossible to test before ordering. So, would like to get some feedback from couple of rods Iím thinking about this moment. Iíve managed to crop my allrounder seeking process to three rods:

- Sage X, 14í #9
    - Guideline NT8, 13í9" #9/10
    - Hardy HBX, 14í6", #9

First, Guideline is familiar to me, so it would be a safe choice. No need to discuss about that one. The two others are the ones Iím not having lotís of information. There are at least a bit of discussion about Sage X across the pond, so Iíve got a good overall picture about the rod. Hardy hbx is a mystery, and Iím only interested about it, because I can get a demo rod at half the price of a new one. Still it is almost same price as e new nt8. So guys, if you have any experiences, first or at least second hand knowledge, it will be much appreciated
    Last edited by Zamora; 03-02-2020 at 10:29 AM.

I wouldnt buy any of them, you can get a Loop Cross S1 direct from Loop website at the moment for half price. Itíll cast any line you put on it......at half the price of any of the rods on your wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
    I wouldnt buy any of them, you can get a Loop Cross S1 direct from Loop website at the moment for half price. Itíll cast any line you put on it......at half the price of any of the rods on your wish list.
    I and Loop haven't been match. When they decide to turn reel seat other way round I might think those again. Actually I really liked Loop Evotec Cast Fast when I tried it last summer, but the reel seat is turn-off for me as it would need heavier reels than I have to get it balance and I really don't want to buy a new one. Also looked the S1 from Loop site, but 14' #9 was sold out.

NT8 as your know GL. Can ship you a 14ft LPXe if you wish to try also.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamora View Post
    I and Loop haven't been match. When they decide to turn reel seat other way round I might think those again. Actually I really liked Loop Evotec Cast Fast when I tried it last summer, but the reel seat is turn-off for me as it would need heavier reels than I have to get it balance and I really don't want to buy a new one. Also looked the S1 from Loop site, but 14' #9 was sold out.
    Looks like theyve sold out in last few days.....payday at the end of January for a lot of keen fishers. There was stock available at the weekend. Nowt wrong with the reel seat though, it balances no worse/no better than any other rods out there. Same uplocking seat is on the LTS rods, they balance fine.

Ok, Iíve been posting to rod topics, but not getting an answer. Iím living quite north, so we donít have that much of services around here, so some of the rods are just impossible to test before ordering. So, would like to get some feedback from couple of rods Iím thinking about this moment. Iíve managed to crop my allrounder seeking process to three rods:

- Sage X, 14í #9
    - Guideline NT8, 13í9" #9/10
    - Hardy HBX, 14í6", #9

First, Guideline is familiar to me, so it would be a safe choice. No need to discuss about that one. The two others are the ones Iím not having lotís of information. There are at least a bit of discussion about Sage X across the pond, so Iíve got a good overall picture about the rod. Hardy hbx is a mystery, and Iím only interested about it, because I can get a demo rod at half the price of a new one. Still it is almost same price as e new nt8. So guys, if you have any experiences, first or at least second hand knowledge, it will be much appreciated
    Gaelforce 13.9 8/9 Destination the greatest 14ish rod ever built imho my other suggestion would be the 14 foot cnd bvgt outstanding also.

Quote Originally Posted by rotenone View Post
    Gaelforce 13.9 8/9 Destination the greatest 14ish rod ever built imho my other suggestion would be the 14 foot cnd bvgt outstanding also.
    The Destination is also in thinking, I didn't mentioned that as I'm waiting the reply from local importer about the availability and the price of the rod. This is again a money issue. I can get GL, Sage and Hardy at decent price, a thing that I can't expect from Gaelforce. But, if I get an decent offer, surely it might be the rod I'm holding at the summer. But as that is not a case at the moment, just let's try to keep the conversation about the rods I mentioned at the beginning.

The Destination is also in thinking, I didn't mentioned that as I'm waiting the reply from local importer about the availability and the price of the rod. This is again a money issue. I can get GL, Sage and Hardy at decent price, a thing that I can't expect from Gaelforce. But, if I get an decent offer, surely it might be the rod I'm holding at the summer. But as that is not a case at the moment, just let's try to keep the conversation about the rods I mentioned at the beginning.
    Where abouts are you?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

In Oulu, Northern Finland.

In Oulu, Northern Finland.
    I fish utsjoki in august if you would like to try some gaelforce we could meet for cast

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast