Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I agree with the post about the loop cross s1 if you could get it for a good price go for it it's fantastic. I wouldn't worry about the weight of the reel as the reel seat can handle heavy reels such as the loop classic reel. Fabulous piece of equipment.
    Last edited by Markymac; 03-02-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Another vote for the Gaelforce 13'9" as the best all rounder. The Sage X is a really nice rod also, very light in the hand, but not as good as the Gaelforce as an all rounder. They both cast much the same weight of lines although the Gaelforce is labelled as an 8/9 . The 6 piece also has the edge over a 4 piece if you travel or have a small car boot etc. Never tried the Guideline so can't comment on it.
    Try before you buy would be the best option and may be worth contacting each company for any local guides etc in your area.
    Not many bad rods out there, so good luck what ever you choose.
    Cheers Diarmid.

Quote Originally Posted by rotenone View Post
    I fish utsjoki in august if you would like to try some gaelforce we could meet for cast

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I probably wont be coming at the end season to North. We also have local importer of the Gaelforce in the city, so it is possible to test all the rods. The most worrying issue is the lack of funds

The vision tool in the classifieds 14ft is also a cracking rod,it's the cork handle model.vision are up there with the best when it comes to tackle

The local Gaelforce importer called me and we arranged the time for next week to test the Destination 139" #9 and 146" #9/10. The price though...

I really like the Sage X 14ft 9wt is a light easy rod to cast. The bottom line is it is always best to try before buying although living where I do that is also an issue. I have never fished a Gaelforce but from what I have heard once you try you will want to buy.
    It would be good to hear what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Zamora View Post
    The local Gaelforce importer called me and we arranged the time for next week to test the Destination 139" #9 and 146" #9/10. The price though...
    Contact James direct I'm sure he can help find away around it.

Ive tested the Equalizers before and the Destinations should be faster than those. The feel should be a bit like Sage Graphite IV, but only faster, stronger and lighter. Well, well see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamora View Post
    Ive tested the Equalizers before and the Destinations should be faster than those. The feel should be a bit like Sage Graphite IV, but only faster, stronger and lighter. Well, well see how it goes.
    They are a far superior rod to the sage european , they have a much stronger tip them then the sage 1V , you will find them more capable with heavy sink tips and heavy flies, it was a good rod the sage in its day but the gaelforce it's in a different class , you will not be dissapointed when you try one, the beauty is the versatility with all line systems, and a very durable beautifully finished rod to boot, I also prefer the traditional handle im not not a a fan of the ultra short lower grips on some specs rods.

The cnd biasversa is awesome aswell theres not alot between, them and the gaelforce it's just customer loyalty really that I stay with gaelforce, I had the chance to buy the bvgt last month but bought the 12.9 destination and what a little powerhouse it is, I use a 500 grain skagits with spey tips and normall spey casts and it's a rocket launcher

Last edited by rotenone; 03-02-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rotenone View Post
    They are a far superior rod to the sage european , they have a much stronger tip them then the sage 1V , you will find them more capable with heavy sink tips and heavy flies, it was a good rod the sage in its day but the gaelforce it's in a different class , you will not be dissapointed when you try one, the beauty is the versatility with all line systems, and a very durable beautifully finished rod to boot, I also prefer the traditional handle im not not a a fan of the ultra short lower grips on some specs rods.
    Well, I was more referring to action of the rod, deep bending of it mainly. Of course modern rods are well beyond that the Graphite IV was, but it was a beautiful rod at its time. I like the crispier tip of the Gaelforce has and the power I know it has.

I used to have CND Solstice, but it was way too soft to my taste. I heard that the BV GT models were good, but never was too interested about those.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast