Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Budget Spinning Rod?

Anyone got experience of this budget Spinning rod from Bison?

BISON 5 SECTION TRAVEL SPINNING ROD 10-60 GRAM 10ft

https://www.fishingmad.co.uk/bts105-...shing-rod.html

I have a 9ft Greyflex 10-35g but just seems underpowered for those Tay trips!

Been eyeing 10 & 11ft Daiwa Whiskers on eBay (I rather fancy the 4 section 10ft WS1004HS which would suit my travel needs), but could do with a stop gap whilst waiting for a decent rod to turn up at a good price.
    Last edited by noeyedeer; 14-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Shakey uglystik elite have a heavy casting weight and are cheap plus they have the cork handle etc.
    I use an abu diplomat that cost about 50 quid and its brilliant and 4 peice but not a huge casting weight probably similar to your greys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrrr; 14-03-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Shakespeare do their Agility spin in a 4 piece 11ft as do Daiwa with the Megaforce 4 piece which is a 10ft. They both have casting weights of up to 50 or 60 grams. If you shop around you can find them for under £40

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
    Shakespeare do their Agility spin in a 4 piece 11ft as do Daiwa with the Megaforce 4 piece which is a 10ft. They both have casting weights of up to 50 or 60 grams. If you shop around you can find them for under £40
    Cheers guys.
    I've seen the Shakey Agility in action and have it shortlisted, just wary it's only max 40g - my current Greyflex 35g was bending on Dalguise last yr with some "water on" and a 20g Flying C, God knows what would have happened with a fish on!

Will check out the Ugly Stick and Megaforce too.

Quote Originally Posted by noeyedeer View Post
    Cheers guys.
    I've seen the Shakey Agility in action and have it shortlisted, just wary it's only max 40g - my current Greyflex 35g was bending on Dalguise last yr with some "water on" and a 20g Flying C, God knows what would have happened with a fish on!

Will check out the Ugly Stick and Megaforce too.
    Some of the pike spinning rods are cheap and have huge casting weights so also worth a look.

The Wychwood Truebait seems rated as a good bait rod and casts 30-60g. Anyone recommend it for spinning too?

Quote Originally Posted by noeyedeer View Post
    The Wychwood Truebait seems rated as a good bait rod and casts 30-60g. Anyone recommend it for spinning too?
    My mate had the wychwood truespin and its a belting rod for the money.

My dad brought himself a leeda two piece spinning rod which I now have and its great for the money.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Piker20 View Post
    My dad brought himself a leeda two piece spinning rod which I now have and its great for the money.
    That would figure, I believe Leeda and Wychwood are one and the same

I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a Bison product and the company you may be purchasing from and my advice would be to steer well clear. Not quality products and the company, in my experience were absolutely appalling to deal with.
    I would fish with a walking stick before I would deal with them again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast