Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to buy rod building parts?

Hi,
    Iím going to be helping a pal whoís planning on building a rod and would like to know where the best place is to buy all the parts from please. We are looking for an Alps reel seat and handle for a small 2 hander and will need decent eyes too. Iíve the pleasure of owning a few custom rods from RJ customs and wondered about sourcing some of the nice coloured sections in the cork also. Any help will be most appreciated. Cheers

Guidesnblanks and Hopkins and Holloway should have all you need 🎣
    "If want a fish, I'll take a fish so get over it"

Why not see if RJ will sell you what you need, worth a shot.
    If you're not in too much of a hurry I used to buy things from America, much better choice.

New DIY Rod Building Products | MudHole.com
    Last edited by kimbo; 27-12-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Also take a look in the FFF sister site in the rod building section as a good gent by the name of Lewis Chessmen has put together a list of suppliers from around Europe. Guides and Blanks is the retail site of Hopkins and Holloway by the way. I use RRT and Taniwha where possible but will use Mud holeand others in the USA if it's a big enough order and I can wait a bit

Have a look on the bloke page on eBay

I knocked up this list of European fly rod building suppliers on the UKFFF only last week. Hope it helps.

I'll recommend Hi-Level as they tend to have a wide variety of stock all in the one place. My last order took 6 days from Sweden to the Hebrides, so not bad.
    Last edited by Lewis.Chessman; 28-12-2019 at 01:50 AM.

I'm glad you spotted this LC

A friend of mine who lives in Germany built me a rod using a CTS blank. They are based in New Zealand. It is an exceptional rod and one of only 2 in the world. He Christened it the 'Blindmanstik' as it is white in colour. Obviously other coloured blanks are available. They are really cheap too.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    A friend of mine who lives in Germany built me a rod using a CTS blank. They are based in New Zealand. It is an exceptional rod and one of only 2 in the world. He Christened it the 'Blindmanstik' as it is white in colour. Obviously other coloured blanks are available. They are really cheap too.
    I believe some R B Meiser rods are built on CTS blanks.

Bob Meiser | CTS NEW ZEALAND - Discover the Finest in Fishing
    Last edited by tenet; 28-12-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis.Chessman View Post
    I knocked up this list of European fly rod building suppliers on the UKFFF only last week. Hope it helps.

I'll recommend Hi-Level as they tend to have a wide variety of stock all in the one place. My last order took 6 days from Sweden to the Hebrides, so not bad.
    Thanks for that. Thatís an amazing list of suppliers you have put together. Cheers. Iím struggling to find an alps reel seat. Only ones I could see were on eBay from America and I would presume I would need to pay tax on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast