Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The flying Scotsman View Post
    Thanks for that. Thatís an amazing list of suppliers you have put together. Cheers. Iím struggling to find an alps reel seat. Only ones I could see were on eBay from America and I would presume I would need to pay tax on it?

Here is a link to Alps in Taiwan. Every item I have ever imported from America I have been absolutely clobbered on with VAT and import duty. I have yet to be charged duty or VAT on anything I have ever brought in from either Japan or China and I have brought quite a bit of stuff in. The sad unfortunate thing is you don't really know until you try. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

ALPS ROD COMPONENTS
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    A friend of mine who lives in Germany built me a rod using a CTS blank. They are based in New Zealand. It is an exceptional rod and one of only 2 in the world. He Christened it the 'Blindmanstik' as it is white in colour. Obviously other coloured blanks are available. They are really cheap too.
    I'm very keen to hear about your cheap source of CTS blanks Perry! Drop me a PM if you prefer. Cheers

Thanks for that. Thatís an amazing list of suppliers you have put together. Cheers. Iím struggling to find an alps reel seat. Only ones I could see were on eBay from America and I would presume I would need to pay tax on it?
    Try either of the Swedish suppliers - both carry some Alps seats. Also, Rodhouse in France carry others in the Alps range.

Try either of the Swedish suppliers - both carry some Alps seats. Also, Rodhouse in France carry other seats in the Alps range.

Turns out the boy I bought the blank off of is Ross from RJ. Heís offered to supply the parts we need. Top bloke. Thanks for all your help. We are going to build this rod as a 15th birthday present for my young lad who started fishing last season. I will try to post up about our progress but posting pics is a pain in the ass with an I phone.
    Cheers

That's a great list of suppliers - thank you!
    Blanks such as the ones used for Meiser MKX 15' #10, Gaelforce etc - are any of these blanks available through suppliers like Hi-Level in Sweden ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12