Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gudebrod

Default Gudebrod

Does anybody know what the grades of gudebrod are please,i dont want to buy thin whipping,i want some thing suited for spinning rods or double handed rods,the grade are A,B,C,D i think, which one is the thicker thread? or any other recomendations for other makes of whipping thread please.
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

Size D is suitable for heavy freshwater rods. Iíve read that Gudebrod have stopped production again.

If you get stuck, try Fishhawk Roddancer thread.

Have used it in the past and was very happy with the results. Only used Size A though as I preferred the finish.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

I could be wrong but I think that Graham's of Inverness had Gudebrod Rod Whipping Thread the last time I was in the Shop.

Hi
    Size A is usually what you'd use on fly rods of any variety - Gudebrod supply seems to be reliant on old stock as they don't appear to be running anymmore(?) - are you after a particular colour? Other suppliers are Fuji and pad bay which you can get from guidesnblanks, meadow fishery etc. Again use size A and NCP or not depending if you want solid colour or translucency.

Tight lines

Richard

Default Ty

Thanks very much everyone - Appreciated
    Last edited by Taddy; 29-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

Yes, very useful thanks

I have some size A Gudebrod leftover from when I used to build trout rods. Let me know if you are after a particular colour.

Robert