Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Back up plan

Default Back up plan

Fishing Horncliffe next week and have just spoke to the ghillie regards meeting etc and he did say we have not had a fish in 13 days and its not looking good as its 2.5 now and we need a lot less and it doesnt look like thats going to happen! "his words"
    So was thinking of a back-up plan either ettrick or Dawyck?
    I will fish Horncliffe monday just to have a look at it but if it dont feel fishy i need to be off to where it does.
    Anyone any idea's for me to think about

Cheers

MADCASTER
    If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that **** !

Maybe just follow the catches on fishpal, there should be days available on the upper/trib beats but whether they're catching or not is another question. If it was me I'd risk it and book something a day or two before going if there are fish being caught...

Tillmouth have rods available...

Quote Originally Posted by Strathglass View Post
    Tillmouth have rods available...

T7 your right I may just do that mate

MADCASTER
    If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that **** !

If theres water in the tweed then there should be water in the tribs.If this is the case the Till or Whitadder should fish well.There is also peebles crown/town water

best bet whitadder 30 a day

Default Back up plan

Madcaster you have a pm

Thanks for the pm's and replies all been taken on board,
    meeting up with Gav from the junction on sunday for beers and watch the footie so might not be getting up monday morning
    Sunday morning's river levels will tell the story

MADCASTER

God it all happens round here,
    I have got a freebie on the whitadder TAS water through my fishing club.
    anyone know it?
    its an option i'll have a look at the beat map later.

MADCASTER

Whiteadder TAS water is nice, but you really want it between 1'6 and 2" and running off a spate. It is a spate river and fishes best falling. It is sitting at about 1' just now, bit on the low side for my taste. The water at Edington cauld is nice, but can get busy, due to the fish holding up. Nicer to park at the bridge at the very bottom of the beat, walk up about a mile upstream then fish down.