Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardrona

Default Cardrona

I seem to remember that last year as soon as the Tweed started catching fish in any great numbers Cardrona (an upper Tweed beat) started to catch fish too even though none of the other better upper/middle Tweed beats had caught fish.Well,exactly the same as happened this year..!! Very strange
    Maybe theres a short cut from Tillmouth Park to Cardrona
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

I get your drift Simon!

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    I seem to remember that last year as soon as the Tweed started catching fish in any great numbers Cardrona (an upper Tweed beat) started to catch fish too even though none of the other better upper/middle Tweed beats had caught fish.Well,exactly the same as happened this year..!! Very strange
    And what is your point - that Cardrona are mis-declaring catches? If so i'd be very concerned at such an allegation. I know Traquair had a fish on Wednesday and one of the rods on Cardrona had a 5lb grilse on Saturday - fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
    And what is your point - that Cardrona are mis-declaring catches? If so i'd be very concerned at such an allegation. I know Traquair had a fish on Wednesday and one of the rods on Cardrona had a 5lb grilse on Saturday - fact.
    My point is as it reads my friend.Lets just say its an observation.I dont seem to remember Traquair reporting that fish on Wednesday by the way.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

I believe a lot of the beats are let to summer syndicates at this time of year, & some of them may be a little ''reticent'' about reporting good catches for fear of losing the fishing &/or a signifficant rental increase the next season. Since fishtweed it appears that ''one swallow really does make a summer'' & one good August will see rents rise, despite the 4 preceeding years with nil returns; interestingly the rents never seem to adjust back downwards when the next three years produce zilch.

Regards, Tyke.

Simon
    I understand your issues. The odd fish will make it through however. I dont think there is anything sinister going on......just a lucky golfer who chanced a chuck!
    M

Simon,

I sent you a PM earlier this evening.

Your response to Dunbar would suggest you may not have seen it. Please take the time to read and digest it. You have my assurance that Cardrona do not falsify their catch returns as it would be illegal to do so.

T

simon, your no tweed expert, a couple of days fishing at the back end does not make you one either!

as it has been said.... the odd fish will start to push up from now onwards with every wee rise. brave man who spends there money pursuing the few mind! well done to the captor!

Quote Originally Posted by onthedangle View Post
    simon, your no tweed expert, a couple of days fishing at the back end does not make you one either!
    How do you know how often I fish the Tweed.Assumptions can seriously backfire..The Bagpipes spring to mind.Remember?? Do you know any Tweed experts by the way.He's a brave man that calls himself one.
    By the way the piping at the Tattoo this year hasn't much improved!!
    Last edited by simon grace; 30-08-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Default Cardrona

No fish off Cardrona this week so far or summer sea-trout.Whats happened???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast