Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Horsbrugh View Post
    I agree entirely Marty. We donít need any extra restrictions on methods. As you say there are far more important issues.

The RTC is meant to represent all interests on the river. There are 81 commissioners with a slight majority of representatives commissioners appointed by angling clubs and others who represent Scottish Borders and Northumbria councils. The rest are proprietors. I am quite sure if you were interested, you could get involved, especially if there is no one representing the very bottom beats. You should come along to the AGM which is open to all.
    unfortunately, time is valuable, kelso is 50miles from my home, and anything through the day is major hassle, and to rush up at night is a no no, but retirement is looming, and you might regret the invite, now the smolt mortality is traced to the middle and upper river, one would think solving this problem would be a far more important issue than the obsession with more and more method restrictions, every one of our potential and existing rods all asked about the ban and all said they wouldn't join-renew if it had taken place, leaving me to contact the RTC for a update, would you not think we should not have been notified about this considering this time of year is the main re booking period and the money we pay into the system, I have learnt more on here from you than continuous emails to the RTC regarding the situation, you would just about think nobody at the RTC was bothered in any way if anybody at all re books any fishing, or if they do they certainly don't make it easy for them
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    unfortunately, time is valuable, kelso is 50miles from my home, and anything through the day is major hassle, and to rush up at night is a no no, but retirement is looming, and you might regret the invite, now the smolt mortality is traced to the middle and upper river, one would think solving this problem would be a far more important issue than the obsession with more and more method restrictions, every one of our potential and existing rods all asked about the ban and all said they wouldn't join-renew if it had taken place, leaving me to contact the RTC for a update, would you not think we should not have been notified about this considering this time of year is the main re booking period and the money we pay into the system, I have learnt more on here from you than continuous emails to the RTC regarding the situation, you would just about think nobody at the RTC was bothered in any way if anybody at all re books any fishing, or if they do they certainly don't make it easy for them
    I will pass on your concerns Marty.
    Unfortunately, the no spinning thing seems to have spread as a rumour, after Marine Scotland proposed it as an additional form of Spring Salmon Conservation. Given that the RTC were totally opposed to any ban, it was never going any further. Unfortunately, that fact has not been communicated as well as the rumour about a spinning ban.
    It may be nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Horsbrugh View Post
    I will pass on your concerns Marty.
    Unfortunately, the no spinning thing seems to have spread as a rumour, after Marine Scotland proposed it as an additional form of Spring Salmon Conservation. Given that the RTC were totally opposed to any ban, it was never going any further. Unfortunately, that fact has not been communicated as well as the rumour about a spinning ban.
    lets hope that's the end of it for a very long time! unlike the SNP with their almost monthly new reason for another referendum, in the mean time thank you for your kind help and information regarding the RTC and hope we both have a better season, regards marty
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

A big and still rising water on the upper tweed this morning, hopefully the horse's got to safety

screenshot_20200209-082256-png

Manor bridge this afternoon

_20200209_163401-jpg

_20200209_163553-jpg

dsc_0720-jpg
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 09-02-2020 at 06:47 PM.

14ft 8ins and rising at Norham. Going to be a few huts relocated to the North Sea!

Need a laugh?, me n pals are supposed to be on there this coming week for 3 days!, 12ft 6 above where we are fishing this morning, albeit falling.Might get weds aft. with the Tobies if we get lucky.Failing that Greggs Pie scoffing contest, Doms. in the hut and over indulging on alcohol look to be the favourites untill then!.
    Pedro.
    Last edited by Rennie; 16-02-2020 at 01:54 PM.

big water again! 1 inch below our hut last week, don't think we are that lucky this week! looks like next Saturdays job will be mopping up the stinking mud and silt that the flood has left, oh well it keeps us busy as fishing is defo out for weeks at least

Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    big water again! 1 inch below our hut last week, don't think we are that lucky this week! looks like next Saturdays job will be mopping up the stinking mud and silt that the flood has left, oh well it keeps us busy as fishing is defo out for weeks at least
    I was thinking about you today when I saw the river levels.
    Hope it's not too bad!
    I would think that Tweedhill and Horncliffe may be in the same predicament too, and quite a few more probably.
    All the best,
    Paul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12