Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Cardrona

Default Cardrona

I was looking to book Cardrona for a days fishing on Friday.

Just noticed that it drops off the list at 5pm today (Wednesday)

I know they donít want last minute bookings but what really is the difference?

Can u phone the ghillie, owners etc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't get cardrona,,fish horsburgh,opposite bank,book through Macdonald's hotel cartons,nice beat with easy Access,

Quote Originally Posted by longchuck View Post
    If you can't get cardrona,,fish horsburgh,opposite bank,book through Macdonald's hotel cartons,nice beat with easy Access,
    I was actually looking at Horsbrugh last night.
    I wasnít sure what the access to the beat was like.
    Cheers..

Call the office and speak with Tom he can book it for you

Why not pm forum member Horsbrugh on here ?
    He will advise you.

Hi Greegs

You can book via Fishpal or buy a permit at the reception with no additional vat. The only problem at the hotel, is it depends who is on the desk. Some reception staff are not very clued up re the fishing. There are a couple of other rods fishing on Friday but there is plenty room.
    Re access. The main road runs parallel with the beat with several places to park and walk down to the water. The beat extends much further upstream than Cardrona and the top end can be accessed by driving through the hotel car park, then following the track down to the river. There is a small car parking area next to the river, at the Castle Haugh, you can then walk upstream via the tarred multi use pathway to the Redd Yetts and the Castle Pool.

Tight lines
    Kenny
    It may be nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Horsbrugh View Post
    Hi Greegs

You can book via Fishpal or buy a permit at the reception with no additional vat. The only problem at the hotel, is it depends who is on the desk. Some reception staff are not very clued up re the fishing. There are a couple of other rods fishing on Friday but there is plenty room.
    Re access. The main road runs parallel with the beat with several places to park and walk down to the water. The beat extends much further upstream than Cardrona and the top end can be accessed by driving through the hotel car park, then following the track down to the river. There is a small car parking area next to the river, at the Castle Haugh, you can then walk upstream via the tarred multi use pathway to the Redd Yetts and the Castle Pool.

Tight lines
    Kenny
    Kenny thatís great info, cheers.

I donít think I will get down now as we were late getting away from Ibrox tonight as problem with the bus & im just home.

See what time I wake up whether I get down or not.

Thanks Steven.