Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  139
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daventus View Post
    You think thats bad try the tyne its pooooooooooo.
    Plenty of fish showing where I was on the North Tyne yesterday evening but catching them was a different story.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    HUDDERSFIELD
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEbody View Post
    Plenty of fish showing where I was on the North Tyne yesterday evening but catching them was a different story.
    Did you try a net?

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Too many rocks

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    North Tyne
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Fished upper Mertoun on Wednesday and had a fish of about 9lb, dropped the another first run through above the cauld ... to be honest it was not pleasant fishing in that heat, came home with sunburn and and headache but was pretty pleased I had caught s Iíve not had a touch on the tyne for over two weeks now apart from a PB brownie.. fished the tyne Monday night and didnít even see a fish! Really enjoyed the tweed though, any one local to it is lucky.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    work, pub or where big salmon lurk
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    fishing bottom tweed today only for a couple of hours, any gods amount of fish showing in the major holding pool, old fish and plenty fresh grilse and salmon, as many as I have seen for july, the impression was that a very good run came through on the back of the tide some staying, most going through after showing and wetting our appetite Thursday must have been better with a new member getting 4 all good size brand new salmon all on fly largest 20lb all returned, (that's the way he fishes) another beauty Wednesday 9lb so not a bad week with little angling pressure, hoping the runs continue and don't get less and less in august-sept as this has been the trend for the past 5 years, I somehow cannot help thinking, that july is now the old September on the tweed now
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

  6. #116

    Default

    Well done to your member getting 4 fish marty and good to hear that there's plenty of fresh fish coming into the system as you say let's hope it continues into the autumn

    Arnold

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    HUDDERSFIELD
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    fishing bottom tweed today only for a couple of hours, any gods amount of fish showing in the major holding pool, old fish and plenty fresh grilse and salmon, as many as I have seen for july, the impression was that a very good run came through on the back of the tide some staying, most going through after showing and wetting our appetite Thursday must have been better with a new member getting 4 all good size brand new salmon all on fly largest 20lb all returned, (that's the way he fishes) another beauty Wednesday 9lb so not a bad week with little angling pressure, hoping the runs continue and don't get less and less in august-sept as this has been the trend for the past 5 years, I somehow cannot help thinking, that july is now the old September on the tweed now
    That's some going, 4 in a day! I am still hoping for my 4th of the season on the Tweed. Looks like this rise of water today may have emptied your holding pool. Nice to hear some good news though!

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    work, pub or where big salmon lurk
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    That's some going, 4 in a day! I am still hoping for my 4th of the season on the Tweed. Looks like this rise of water today may have emptied your holding pool. Nice to hear some good news though!
    yeah, this time of the year, the new fish head up river, as do some of the old ones, but most of the oldies go into their lies, keep their heads down, wait till the water drops/clears then just when you think the pools empty, they start jumping again, even more coloured than before, different kettle in 6-8 weeks time then the whole pool would head for the hills, the beats above should have sport tomorrow. hope you score.
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

  9. #119

    Default

    Where are the Tweed fish now?Looking forward to our next trip 3 weeks tomorrow. Looks a bit sick by recent returns,but we will endure.Still hopeful.

  10. #120

    Default

    Does anybody know how the Teviot is doing at the moment - in particular the Jedburgh Association water; its been some years since I have tried there. Thanks

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •