Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  139
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quote Originally Posted by Daventus View Post
    You think thats bad try the tyne its pooooooooooo.
    Plenty of fish showing where I was on the North Tyne yesterday evening but catching them was a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by NEbody View Post
    Plenty of fish showing where I was on the North Tyne yesterday evening but catching them was a different story.
    Did you try a net?

Too many rocks

Fished upper Mertoun on Wednesday and had a fish of about 9lb, dropped the another first run through above the cauld ... to be honest it was not pleasant fishing in that heat, came home with sunburn and and headache but was pretty pleased I had caught s Iíve not had a touch on the tyne for over two weeks now apart from a PB brownie.. fished the tyne Monday night and didnít even see a fish! Really enjoyed the tweed though, any one local to it is lucky.

fishing bottom tweed today only for a couple of hours, any gods amount of fish showing in the major holding pool, old fish and plenty fresh grilse and salmon, as many as I have seen for july, the impression was that a very good run came through on the back of the tide some staying, most going through after showing and wetting our appetite Thursday must have been better with a new member getting 4 all good size brand new salmon all on fly largest 20lb all returned, (that's the way he fishes) another beauty Wednesday 9lb so not a bad week with little angling pressure, hoping the runs continue and don't get less and less in august-sept as this has been the trend for the past 5 years, I somehow cannot help thinking, that july is now the old September on the tweed now
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Well done to your member getting 4 fish marty and good to hear that there's plenty of fresh fish coming into the system as you say let's hope it continues into the autumn

Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    fishing bottom tweed today only for a couple of hours, any gods amount of fish showing in the major holding pool, old fish and plenty fresh grilse and salmon, as many as I have seen for july, the impression was that a very good run came through on the back of the tide some staying, most going through after showing and wetting our appetite Thursday must have been better with a new member getting 4 all good size brand new salmon all on fly largest 20lb all returned, (that's the way he fishes) another beauty Wednesday 9lb so not a bad week with little angling pressure, hoping the runs continue and don't get less and less in august-sept as this has been the trend for the past 5 years, I somehow cannot help thinking, that july is now the old September on the tweed now
    That's some going, 4 in a day! I am still hoping for my 4th of the season on the Tweed. Looks like this rise of water today may have emptied your holding pool. Nice to hear some good news though!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    That's some going, 4 in a day! I am still hoping for my 4th of the season on the Tweed. Looks like this rise of water today may have emptied your holding pool. Nice to hear some good news though!
    yeah, this time of the year, the new fish head up river, as do some of the old ones, but most of the oldies go into their lies, keep their heads down, wait till the water drops/clears then just when you think the pools empty, they start jumping again, even more coloured than before, different kettle in 6-8 weeks time then the whole pool would head for the hills, the beats above should have sport tomorrow. hope you score.
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Where are the Tweed fish now?Looking forward to our next trip 3 weeks tomorrow. Looks a bit sick by recent returns,but we will endure.Still hopeful.

Does anybody know how the Teviot is doing at the moment - in particular the Jedburgh Association water; its been some years since I have tried there. Thanks

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112