Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  138
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I am up for a few days next week. Not sure if the Bottom Tweed will be fishable for my days on Monday and Wednesday but hopefully the Till will be fishable. I have plenty of beats to fish from Chatton down to Shellacres so hopefully I will be able to fish.
    nearly guarantee the bottom will still be too big, fenton the corner pool, I would put my money it will score
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    nearly guarantee the bottom will still be too big, fenton the corner pool, I would put my money it will score
    I have a few places in mind on the Till ....and that's definitely one of them !
    I am hoping that by Wednesday the Tweed will be fishable though.

For anyone interested, the latest annual Tweed Foundation report is available here....

https://tweedfoundation.org.uk/2018_Annual_Report.pdf
    I'm not Fat........... I'm just easy to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salad Dodger View Post
    For anyone interested, the latest annual Tweed Foundation report is available here....

https://tweedfoundation.org.uk/2018_Annual_Report.pdf
    An interesting read, especially the trout section which was fascinating and pretty much backed up what my old uncle used to tell me about the spawning habits of the big trout, distance travelled, where to find them etc.

With the rain over the coming days, what's your collective thoughts on whether the bottom river will be washed off on Saturday? I've potentially got a free pass to get out, so was thinking off broadening my lower Tweed horizons and having a go at Horncliffe as this was recommended along with Tweedhill as a good beat to have a crack on.

There's plenty of rods available so I'll track levels and if it's looking OK book last-minute, but it would be useful to manage expectations with the other half....!

Cheers,

EJR

At the moment it looks like most of the really heavy rain is to be confined to further north. Just watch the water levels and unless they start to rise dramatically, the lower river should be fine.
    It may be nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Aye, looks that way. Cheers Horsbrugh

Two fish reported today on Fishtweed - presumably for the whole of their beats.

I know its not peak season, but you wouldn't thinks it possible to catch so few fish from a river like this over a day, enjoying 18 hours of daylight - unless you were deliberately trying to not catch fish, that is.

Nb. Apologies for having a moan. I have been looking forward to a trip, but cant find anything worth the trouble (at the moment).
    Last edited by offshore; 11-07-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post

I know its not peak season, but you wouldn't thinks it possible to catch so few fish from a river like this over a day, enjoying 18 hours of daylight - unless you were deliberately trying to not catch fish, that is.

Nb. Apologies for having a moan. I have been looking forward to a trip, but cant find anything worth the trouble (at the moment).
    It does seem a bit quiet at the moment. I thought things would be starting to pick up a bit. Hopefully that's not the end of the run for this season.
    I have a couple of syndicate days on the Tweed next week so hoping maybe things will pick up.
    Not entirely sure what is peak season these days!
    Perhaps we have already had it!
    Last edited by Chicharito; 12-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post

You think thats bad try the tyne its pooooooooooo.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast