Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  144
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Booked an early outing on the lower Tummel, I notice there is now a ghillie to contact, is that s new setup, never noticed that before.

Quote Originally Posted by glenelg100 View Post
    Booked an early outing on the lower Tummel, I notice there is now a ghillie to contact, is that s new setup, never noticed that before.
    Not sure why that has happened? An extra mouth to feed.
    I have been wondering recently why I haven't heard of the usual frenetic rush to book the dam and thought I'd have a wee look to see if bookings are open yet.
    As if by magic, and all under my radar, not only are bookings open, there is hardly a rod to be had in April and May. Catches now sit pretty steady at around 46 for the 2 months combined which is a sign of current runs I suppose. So, at 6 rods a day you need to fish for around 7 days to catch a fish and that is without factoring in local rods which put a substantial dent in those 46, so, in reality I guess, it will be nearer 10 or 12 days on average. Or 100 to 120 hours rod effort.
    That pursuit of the perfect prize is getting more difficult every year for sure.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    Not sure why that has happened? An extra mouth to feed.
    I have been wondering recently why I haven't heard of the usual frenetic rush to book the dam and thought I'd have a wee look to see if bookings are open yet.
    As if by magic, and all under my radar, not only are bookings open, there is hardly a rod to be had in April and May. Catches now sit pretty steady at around 46 for the 2 months combined which is a sign of current runs I suppose. So, at 6 rods a day you need to fish for around 7 days to catch a fish and that is without factoring in local rods which put a substantial dent in those 46, so, in reality I guess, it will be nearer 10 or 12 days on average. Or 100 to 120 hours rod effort.
    That pursuit of the perfect prize is getting more difficult every year for sure.
    Catches are noticbly down as you say Tom as is volume of fish passing through. Only a few years ago in peak months it was unusal to go more than 5 minutes without seeing a fish. Last season I had about 4 days, saw very few fish and caught nothing but have booked 3 days again this year with the optimism that it will be better than last year. More hope than anything to be honest but you never know. Might try really early mornings this year as a change of tactic but that will mean a 3am alarm call which is not appealing to say the least.
    Cheers Diarmid.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021