Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stop thinking about it and go. It only takes one fish, and even if you don't catch you will still have a good day, have you fished it before?

Do you know which Castle Grant beat you would be on ?

Castle Grant Beat 1

1.5 miles double bank below Grantown on Spey. 10 named pools including The Garra. 6 rods, 5 boats. Fishing Hut. Ghillie - Roddy Hastings.

Castle Grant Beat 2

2 miles double bank below Castle Grant Beat 1. 10 named pools including Polchraine. 6 rods, 3 boats. Fishing Hut. Ghillie - Lionel Main

Castle Grant Beat 3

1 mile double bank below Castle Grant Beat 2. 5 named pools including Pollowick. 5 rods, 3 boats. Fishing Hut. Ghillie - Simon Crozier

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Stop thinking about it and go. It only takes one fish, and even if you don't catch you will still have a good day, have you fished it before?
    Hi there yes I fished it for a week back in June night and day for only 1 sea trout, I've got trapped nerves in my back so it's not a relaxed holiday it's painful but I can tolerate it with medication if there's a real chance of a fish.
    Of course there's always a chance but I'm looking for fish to be there at least i'm tiring of fishing in hope.

@prawnfisher sorry it's the stretch at Grantown I thought it was called castle grant, I've fished it for the last 5 years you'd think I'd know its name

Cheers Al

The part below the old bridge is called upper castle Grant , it all used to be association water but was changed .

Sorry New Bridge

Did you go ?
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

There didn't appear to be many fish coming of the association water so rearranging work etc wasn't warranted.
    The local river did come up in spate so I was able to fish the evenings all week and catch nothing for free ☹️

Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12